Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus lane ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
CherryClare
Hi all, I'd really appreciate a little help here. I was caught driving along a bus lane in Manchester at the beginning of June this year. I knew full well I was driving along a bus lane, but had no option to get out. Basically there was a left turn I was due to take before the bus lane started, which when I got to was closed due to road works! There was no indication of this prior to the road and because I didn't know the area, I didn't realize there were roadworks there! I was forced to drive on, and go along the bus lane until I was finally able to turn off! Unfortunately because I was in a flapp I didn't take a photo of the roadworks, but I assume the council should have a record of this. I wrote back and objected, stating the above reason, but I've just heard back that they won't accept my objection and I need to pay the fee.

I'm asking, 1) do you think this is a valid reason for objection?
2) do they have a time limit to reply, as they've taken nearly 6 months to come back to me, despite me emailing and calling a few times to ask what was happening. They initially said they'd reply within 21 days!!

I'd really appreciate any advice on this, as I'm so frustrated. There was nothing I could have done to avoid this, unless I had prior knowledge of the roadworks. Thanks
peterguk
Press "report" and ask a mod. to move your post to the correct forum.

Post up all sides of PCN and a link to the video.
cp8759
Upload the PCN in full (redact name and address only), as well as the council video.

Why couldn't you do a U-turn?
CherryClare
Unfortunately I couldn't do a U-turn as there was a concrete barrier in-between the two roads. Absolutely no way off the road until the next left turn, a little way down the bus lane.
stamfordman
Put pics on https://imgbb.com (create an account there).

If you want help with video PM me or CP with PCN details.

Roadworks may still be on https://www.gmroadworks.org
cp8759
QUOTE (CherryClare @ Tue, 27 Nov 2018 - 12:28) *
Unfortunately I couldn't do a U-turn as there was a concrete barrier in-between the two roads. Absolutely no way off the road until the next left turn, a little way down the bus lane.

Then you may well have a cast iron defence, for regulatory signs to create a restriction you must have an alternative route and you cannot be expected to reverse down a main road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.