Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP received after notice period
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Mjturner65
Looking for advice regarding my NIP I received the NIP 13 days after the 14 days of the offence is this worth going to court
The Rookie
Are you the registered keeper with the correct address on the V5c registration document, it’s not a fleet, company or lease car, on finance (where the finance co only may be the registered keeper) and you’ve not only just bought the car or moved and updated the details?

A NIP this late (the first NIP needs to go to the registered keeper or driver who they have no way of knowing) almost certainly the second in a chain so before taking further you need to be sure that the first should have come to you.
Mjturner65
The car is on contract hire I just assumed that they would have sent it to me because I’m the main driver on the insurance.
The Rookie
No, it goes to the registered keeper, as such it’s very likley gone to the CH company first and likely within the 14 days required.
Jlc
QUOTE (Mjturner65 @ Sun, 18 Nov 2018 - 08:44) *
The car is on contract hire I just assumed that they would have sent it to me because I’m the main driver on the insurance.

The DVLA is the first port of call - so if they’ve sent the 1st NIP to the lease company within time then the 14 days doesn’t apply to your NIP.

They sometimes use the insurance database but only if there’s an issue.
Mjturner65
Thanks everyone for your comments I’m going on a speed awareness course rather than trying to risk contesting the NIP
peterguk
QUOTE (Mjturner65 @ Sun, 18 Nov 2018 - 20:44) *
Thanks everyone for your comments I’m going on a speed awareness course rather than trying to risk contesting the NIP

Check with the contract hire company whether they are the RK. If they are, check when they received the NIP.

Then you'll know whether there is anything to contest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.