Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) - Height of signs too high
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
MH1511
I recently received a PCN after unknowingly having parked in a CPZ street in Southall on my first ever visit to the town. There were no visible parking information signs in the street within 100 ft of where I parked (which I measured later) and just one sign in the whole street. There were also no clear parking bays as the paint had virtually eroded away. I had thus assumed that this was an unrestricted parking street.

I was surprised I had not noticed the CPZ sign at the entrance to the street but it was exceptionally busy with traffic and pedestrians at the junction at the time I drove into the street. Upon later checking for the CPZ sign, I found it to be unusually placed very high off the ground - at least 11 ft to the base of the sign and about 15 ft to the top. A weight restriction sign on the opposite side of the road that I had seen as I turned into the street was placed at just 7 or 8 ft from the ground. I have since checked other CPZ and similar signs at road junctions and the usual height for these is about 8 ft from the ground so they are within easy line of sight at saloon car driving height - unlike the ones I had been caught out by!

Does anyone know what the maximum legal height is for such signage? Is there also a legal requirement for Councils to place other information signs within the controlled street near to parking bays or say a maximum of 50 ft from any bay? Will appreciate any help on this.
cp8759
Start by posting the PCN in full (both sides) and the council photos.
stamfordman
Put pics on https://imgbb.com and post BBcode embed links.

+ show us on google street view
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.