Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nehham London Council living 20 years ago? Appeal only by post or fax?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
justice2014
I am just in process of writing an appeal that was not correctly issued to a family member when staying in a hotel in the Newham area of London.

Have 14 days to appeal and already 12 days gone so was going to do this today and presumed (as all London councils offer - except Newham it seems?) could simply do online on their site or by email. No it seems from the ticket and the below link -

https://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Pa...ltychargenotice

They state only written letter to a PO Box number or to a fax machine (A fax machine - we are 2018 - not 1998)??

Looks like I am going to have to use one of those free fax services online. However, what is the reason for doing this? Just causing an inconvenience to put people off appealing?
Neil B
QUOTE (justice2014 @ Sat, 10 Nov 2018 - 11:47) *
Looks like I am going to have to use one of those free fax services online.

Not to an 0845 number.

You're going to have to find a fax.

Date of PCN ?

And forget that issue for now, concentrate on the challenge.

Show us the PCN, Council pics an tell us about it.
Mad Mick V
I had not realised that Newham had no on-line challenge/appeal route. Deliberate and probably misfeasance IMO.

Fax works via the phone line so cp8759's challenge on the 0845 number should work.

Mick
justice2014
QUOTE (Neil B @ Sat, 10 Nov 2018 - 12:01) *
QUOTE (justice2014 @ Sat, 10 Nov 2018 - 11:47) *
Looks like I am going to have to use one of those free fax services online.

Not to an 0845 number.

You're going to have to find a fax.

Date of PCN ?

And forget that issue for now, concentrate on the challenge.

Show us the PCN, Council pics an tell us about it.

0845 - exactly, another money making exercise for them and trying to make this an inconvenience factor. This needs to be highlighted and issue raised with higher up government offices.

There are some free email to fax services that I believe give you so many free 0845 faxes in first 30 days. However, just going to head over to post office now on way to gym.

Do not have time now to give details of ticket etc is standard ticket I have seen two other cases online that were issued incorrectly and allowed. I will post details after challenged for others to use in future.

Point of the post was the insane, outdated, inconvenience factor of appealing with Newham for parking tickets!
justice2014
QUOTE (Mad Mick V @ Sat, 10 Nov 2018 - 12:15) *
I had not realised that Newham had no on-line challenge/appeal route. Deliberate and probably misfeasance IMO.

Fax works via the phone line so cp8759's challenge on the 0845 number should work.

Mick

Thanks for that. Just added that to the appeal - requesting what the service charge is for the 0845 number and what portion of that goes towards revenue to Newham.
Neil B
QUOTE (justice2014 @ Sat, 10 Nov 2018 - 12:17) *
This needs to be highlighted and issue raised with higher up government offices.

And is being.

QUOTE (justice2014 @ Sat, 10 Nov 2018 - 12:17) *
is standard ticket

No such thing.
cp8759
QUOTE (justice2014 @ Sat, 10 Nov 2018 - 12:34) *
QUOTE (Mad Mick V @ Sat, 10 Nov 2018 - 12:15) *

Mick

Thanks for that. Just added that to the appeal - requesting what the service charge is for the 0845 number and what portion of that goes towards revenue to Newham.

Don't bother, been there, done that, see https://dochub.com/cp8759-cp8759/Jr3w1g/int...nse-e31241?pg=2

Use the wording here: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1429835

DancingDad
Google public fax services near you.
Many public libraries offer a fax service, hotels if you beg, office supplies like Rymans and Staples, run a search for local places.
If you have an iPhone, just come across this https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fax-from-ip...d675468902?mt=8
No idea how well it works but no cost to try.
Don't miss deadline with Newham, they give no discretion.
On the plus side, they have been known to screw up when challenges sent outside of business hours on last day, within deadline but not actioned till following day and treated as "late". Up to you if you want to risk this giving further grounds at next stage.
Mad Mick V
OP---if you know anyone with a printer/scanner --they usually have a fax facility.

Mick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.