Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gladstones and ES Parking Enforcement
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Batman26
Hi,

First time on here and I’m hoping for some help and advice.
Back in May I parked on the Newhall Lane Lidl car park in Preston to visit some flats attached to Lidl. The occupants advised me visitors are allowed to use the car park shared by Lidl and Bingo 3000, as long as you don’t park in the designated Lidl only parking bays. Which I didn’t.
Off I went inside the flats then 30 mins later drove off. 2 weeks later I get a letter accusing me of parking and ‘leaving the premises’. After logging onto ES Parking Enforcement’s site they had photos of me leaving my car, then returning and then driving off. No photos proving I left the site after parking. I appealed which of course was rejected. I then ignored the following letter explaining they had incurred extra costs (£185).
This week I got a letter from Gladstones advising me to pay up or they’ll take me to court.

Any help greatly appreciated!!
ostell
So you edit that post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver ......" etc. though it may be too late if you have identified the driver.

What so the signs actually say? A photo would be useful. How long after did the keeper get the notice? was it more than 14 days after?

SchoolRunMum
After logging onto ES Parking Enforcement’s site they had photos of me leaving my car, then returning and then driving off. No photos proving I left the site after parking.

Send ES Parking a SAR, requiring all photos taken that day including a photo of the sign that was there on the day (not a stock image of 'a sign' - you want actual photos).

Send a reply to Gladstones telling them to restrict data processing for 30 days (stopping the Pre-action Protocol clock, then re-starting the reply period only once you have been furnished with the information you require) because their client has been set a SAR and must respond to that first.
Batman26
Thanks for the advice guys, yeah unfortunately I went into the appeals process blind and admitted I was the driver, not realising how things work. I’ll get a photo and put it on.
Great advice about the SAR and restricting data processing-I’ll get onto that.
I didn’t appeal to the IAS after my original appeal rejection, will that affect my position going forward as I fully expect this to go to court? (I now know Gladstones and the IPC are both owned by the same people).
I’ve got work documents proving why I was there as well as the offer of a letter from the occupant of the flat confirming I was visiting them in a professional capacity. The person has 3 carers a day visiting him and they all park there and as far as they’re aware non of them have had tickets. Feel like I was targeted
Cheers.
nosferatu1001
Appealing to the ias would have hindered not helped.
Batman26
Really?!
This whole thing beggars belief in its processes and how it all works.....
Dave65
Welcome to the world of Private Parking Companies!

and their schemes and devious ways.
Batman26
QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Fri, 9 Nov 2018 - 22:36) *
After logging onto ES Parking Enforcement’s site they had photos of me leaving my car, then returning and then driving off. No photos proving I left the site after parking.

Send ES Parking a SAR, requiring all photos taken that day including a photo of the sign that was there on the day (not a stock image of 'a sign' - you want actual photos).

Send a reply to Gladstones telling them to restrict data processing for 30 days (stopping the Pre-action Protocol clock, then re-starting the reply period only once you have been furnished with the information you require) because their client has been set a SAR and must respond to that first.

I’ve just sent the two letters with as you advised, with proof of postage (not first class signed for). Should I hope/expect for a prompt reply? Am I right in thinking they can ask for a fee for this?

Thanks

QUOTE (ostell @ Fri, 9 Nov 2018 - 22:31) *
So you edit that post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver ......" etc. though it may be too late if you have identified the driver.

What so the signs actually say? A photo would be useful. How long after did the keeper get the notice? was it more than 14 days after?

Sorry, trying to upload a photo but having no luck-file too large. I’m new to this-do I need an app to turn it into a JPEG?
ostell
Post the images on another photo handling site (NOT photobucket !) and add a link to the image on this forum.
nosferatu1001
Youre wrong, they CANNOT ask a fee. GDPR changed that.

First class free proof of posting? Yes or No.
Batman26
QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 09:25) *
Youre wrong, they CANNOT ask a fee. GDPR changed that.

First class free proof of posting? Yes or No.

Yes, first class proof of posting. Not to be signed for.
Batman26
[quote name='ostell' date='Tue, 13 Nov 2018 - 22:41' post='1433892']
Post the images on another photo handling site (NOT photobucket !) and add a link to the image on this forum.

[/http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20jp85k&s=9
Batman26
[quote name='Batman26' date='Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 17:59' post='1434102']
[quote name='ostell' date='Tue, 13 Nov 2018 - 22:41' post='1433892']

[/http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20jp85k&s=http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20jp85k&s=9

That didn’t work did it...
ostell
You seem to have corrupted the control fields.

SchoolRunMum
Ask the Local Authority for a copy of the Planning Permission for that car park and whether the landowner or occupier retailers were allowed to include the restriction that it can only be used by patrons of Lidl or Club 3000, and ask for any additional information the Council hold, regarding any issues caused to the flat residents that adjoins the car park and whether these were addressed by the Council in any way, or discussed at meetings, in which case you would like all data held about the car park & site as regards parking issues.
Batman26
QUOTE (ostell @ Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 18:55) *
You seem to have corrupted the control fields.

No idea what that means-but thanks for putting it on!

QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Wed, 14 Nov 2018 - 22:36) *
Ask the Local Authority for a copy of the Planning Permission for that car park and whether the landowner or occupier retailers were allowed to include the restriction that it can only be used by patrons of Lidl or Club 3000, and ask for any additional information the Council hold, regarding any issues caused to the flat residents that adjoins the car park and whether these were addressed by the Council in any way, or discussed at meetings, in which case you would like all data held about the car park & site as regards parking issues.

Ok will do, thanks 👍
ostell
Control fields are those things enclosed in [] brackets. One for the start and the other, with a '/' at the end. Easy to destroy when editing.

Please don't do a quote when there is no need to. It managed to put in the image for a second time. You could have edited the quote and removed the img entries.
Batman26
Hi, it’s been a week now but not yet had a reply from either Gladstones or ES Parking.
I’ve emailed Preston City Council who explained as it’s not council land and is privately owned they cannot say who owns it at present. There gave details of two planning applications and neither are relevant.
Is it worth paying and registering with the Land Reg. to find out who owns it?

Thanks
Batman26
QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Fri, 9 Nov 2018 - 22:36) *

I’ve just received a reply from Gladstones stating “they cannot process my request because we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing of your data which override the interests, rights and freedoms of you as an individual.”

They’ve added I could complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Another Kangaroo?!

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.