Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN - Hounslow - Motorcycle on Single Yellow line
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
someuserwhogotaticket
Hello everyone,

Got a ticket on Friday night (19/10) when I parked my motorcycle on the single yellow line right outside my house.

Location (you see my bike parked there in April and no ticket biggrin.gif ): https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4876599,-0....6384!8i8192

Uploaded photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1gdnhsy07drak9g/...Nm3A1M89ca?dl=0

Story:
- I was indeed a bit relaxed about having a motorcycle and a bit 'lighter' parking rules, so don't actually mind paying and pleading guilty smile.gif
- I was parking my bike for the past 2 years on this exact spot, just normally exactly on the border of the bay and yellow line
- This time, there was some car in the bay sticking out and I had to park a bit more on the yellow line (it seems car moved out already when the photo was taken)
- Cannot see any signs for yellow line restrictions (black posts are present, but no signs there)
- Already experienced 2 bike thefts and one attempt, I try to keep an eye on it and keep it on this side of the road, so really no other place for me to park it safely.

Hoping to get some understanding and clarification regarding what can and cannot be done here and possible options of appealing.

Thanks a lot!
Incandescent
You're bang-to-rights, basically, but post up the PCN so we can look for fatal errors of content. Why you say t here is no sign is beyond me as it is right by your bike on GSV !! Motorbikes are treated no differently to any other vehicle when it comes to parking.
Earl Purple
Have the restricted hours changed then? The PCN says 19:47 as the contravention time but the sign says only up to 6:30pm
Steve_999
QUOTE (Earl Purple @ Wed, 24 Oct 2018 - 09:34) *
Have the restricted hours changed then? The PCN says 19:47 as the contravention time but the sign says only up to 6:30pm

From OP's photos, the sign on the pole has been removed and you can see at the end of the road there are entry signs for a CPZ which includes a 7-8pm Mon-Fri restriction.
Earl Purple
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Wed, 24 Oct 2018 - 09:08) *
You're bang-to-rights, basically, but post up the PCN so we can look for fatal errors of content. Why you say t here is no sign is beyond me as it is right by your bike on GSV !! Motorbikes are treated no differently to any other vehicle when it comes to parking.

When it comes to yellow lines there is no difference, but motorcycles are sometimes allowed to park in resident permits without a permit and Hounslow is one borough that allows it.

However here the motorcycle was parked on a yellow line but it seems the restriction changed recently as on GSV there was a sign on the pole that overrides the CPZ, and therefore the restriction changed simply be removing a sign.

Dependent on when the sign was removed there may be a case of unfair warning as to the change in hours.

The bike looks too far into the yellow line to suggest it had been moved onto it, which would in any case be a lie.

Out of interest, if your property is the one with the grey door, there is a gap between the railings and the wall which looks like it would make an excellemt bike parking bay and you could even chain it to the railings. There is a dropped kerb access onto it too.

someuserwhogotaticket
QUOTE (Earl Purple @ Wed, 24 Oct 2018 - 10:43) *
However here the motorcycle was parked on a yellow line but it seems the restriction changed recently as on GSV there was a sign on the pole that overrides the CPZ, and therefore the restriction changed simply be removing a sign.

Yes, the sign was present before and it was till 6:30. I never noticed it being gone and that apparently CPZ restrictions extended onto the yellow line...
Now the black posts don't have any signs on them, which, as I understood from you guys, means that it is now till 8pm?

QUOTE (Earl Purple @ Wed, 24 Oct 2018 - 10:43) *
Out of interest, if your property is the one with the grey door, there is a gap between the railings and the wall which looks like it would make an excellemt bike parking bay and you could even chain it to the railings. There is a dropped kerb access onto it too.

Yes, I was thinking about as well. But this gap is shared between the corner house (mine) and the other house. So, placing a bike there would block access for the other household.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.