Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN: Contravention Code 53: High Street Harlesden
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
allondon
Good morning,
I was not able to find much information on this topic, so opened a new thread.
I received a PCN from Brent Council on alleged contravention: Failing to comply with a restriction on vehicles entering a pedestrian zone (code 53) at High Street Harlesden observed from a road side camera.

The video and still images provided as evidence show the car following a bus into what seems a one-way street with double yellow lines on both sides, however it does not show any restriction signs or warnings of CCTV use.
I am not familiar with the area, Google street view shows a single sign on the RH side, comprising of several panels detailing the restrictions. There are no other warning signs before or after the junction and this one (if it is still there) could be easily obscured by a bus turning.
In my view there is insufficient evidence to prove that contravention has occurred.
I'd be prepared to pay the penalty if I could see the car passing the adequate and visible restriction sign, however all evidence only shows it in the street where traffic is obviously allowed.

The online option is to Challenge PCN and I consider doing this on the grounds that:
1) No restrictions are seen on the video or images;
2) No warning of CCTV use is seen.
I'd like to request this evidence from the council, however they are unlikely to have more images.
The other option is to write to the council in a free text form.
Is this worth trying and what happens if this Challenge (or Representation) is rejected?
Thanks in advance for your opinion.
cp8759
Please upload the PCN (redact name and address only) and the council evidence (video and photos), use a website like imgur.com to host the images as you won't have enough space on here. Also give us a link to the location on Google Street View. We will then be able to give you proper advice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.