Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harrow Council PCN - Bank Holiday - Being in a Bus Lane
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
efunc
Hello all,

I would be very grateful indeed if someone could offer me some advice on the following, because it’s a bit of a strange one to me on first assessment.

Local Authority: London Borough of Harrow
In: Sheepcote Road Kenton Road Gayton Road
Date: 27/08/18 @ 16:49
Contravention: Being in a Bus Lane

Street view: https://tinyurl.com/yagreomq

The Bus Lane in question I was driving along can be seen in the street view shot above and is signposted "Mon-Fri 7-10am, 4-7pm”

There seem to be 3 inconsistencies that jumped out at me:

- The date of the alleged contravention is the 27th August which was a bank holiday Monday. Are bank holiday’s not exempt from the usual Mon-Fri restrictions?
- The date of notice is the 17th September, 3 weeks after the alleged contravention.
- There is no contravention number or code stated on the PCN

Could anyone please tell me if the PCN has been issued correctly? How should I pursue this, if at all?

Thank you for reading!
Incandescent
1. Bank holidays are not exempt from parking or any other road restrictions unless stated on the signs
2. 28 days are allowed to issue a postal PCN
3. Code for the contravention is not a legal requirement

So nothing to base an appeal on, but if you tell use more about the circumstances, there might be something, but thinking Bank Holidays are exempt is not a winner, sorry.
efunc
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 15:27) *
1. Bank holidays are not exempt from parking or any other road restrictions unless stated on the signs
2. 28 days are allowed to issue a postal PCN
3. Code for the contravention is not a legal requirement

So nothing to base an appeal on, but if you tell use more about the circumstances, there might be something, but thinking Bank Holidays are exempt is not a winner, sorry.

OK, thanks. There are no other circumstances that come to mind because it was three weeks ago and I don't recall the journey. Other than it being a bank holiday and no usual traffic and so I presumed it is considered as equivalent to a Sunday. I was mistaken evidently.
cp8759
You could make a plea for discretion but that's about it.
efunc
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 20:26) *
You could make a plea for discretion but that's about it.

Yes, thanks. I will certainly do that. Although it may not have explicitly stated that Bank Holidays are exempt on the small sign (Mon-Fri 7-10am, 4-7pm), it is not unreasonable to presume that if weekends are exempt that Bank Holidays would be too. The entire stretch of road at the time was deserted and I was the only car on it. Indeed, where I live you can park on the road on Boxing Day, etc, but there seems to be an inconsistency in the rules applied elsewhere which many people, myself included, may not fully appreciate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.