Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outstanding PCN and Notice of Intention - No original PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
zeze12345
Hi all,

First time user of this forum. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I've received through the post today (15/09/2018) 2 letters from an enforcement company.
The letters refer to 2 distinct PCNs for driving on a bus lane in Southampton. They are dated from Feb and March 2017.

One of the letters is an outstanding PCN for a balance of £173. It mentions that if I don't pay in return they will have to instruct their enforcement agents to to call under "The Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013".
The second letter is a notice of intention for an unpaid PCN. It mentions that a "Notice of Enforcement" has already been issued and that I've failed to pay a "Warrant of Control".

As I've mentioned these letters are for two distinct PCNs. I have no recollection of receiving original PCNs for any of these. I have not received any "Notice of Enforcement" for the second one. This is the first time I hear about these infractions.

Upon contacting the enforcement agency I was told that the second letter has now an outstanding balance of £408. Upon explaining that this is the first time I had heard of any of these two PCNs they managed to reduce this to £173, leaving me to pay a total of 2 x £173. Being afraid that both could end up rising to £408 while I even though if I could appeal this, I paid the 2 x £173.

I have had a PCN for driving on a bus lane earlier this year. I paid promptly within the first 14 days for a reduced fine of £30. The balance now requested makes little sense to be (or at least feels incredibly unfair) as I have not received timely notice to pay these.

Having already paid the enforcement company, is there anything I can do to get some of this money back?

Kind regards.
stamfordman
Bus lane PCNs are sent to the address of the registered keeper, so it seems you had changed the address at some point. Dates are important here so you need to check this out.
zeze12345
Yes, I had indeed changed address around November 2016.

I do not recall when did I get the car's registration address updated, I will check on this.

Even if this was late, I had a post office redirection service active until May/2017 which should have covered both PCNs.

If this boils down to me being late in updating the registration or the Post Office redirection service failing or not being allowed to redirect PCNs (don't know if that is the case), I guess there is nothing I can do about it?
peterguk
QUOTE (zeze12345 @ Sat, 15 Sep 2018 - 12:20) *
I do not recall when did I get the car's registration address updated, I will check on this.

What is the DOC REF DATE on page 2 of the V5C? This is the date DVLA actually updated their record with your new address.

or the Post Office redirection service failing or not being allowed to redirect PCNs

The Post Office wouldn't know what is inside each envelope so would redirect PCNs same as any other post.
Neil B

What is the 'docref' date on your V5 ?

Ooops cros post.
zeze12345
QUOTE (peterguk @ Sat, 15 Sep 2018 - 11:24) *
What is the DOC REF DATE on page 2 of the V5C? This is the date DVLA actually updated their record with your new address.

I have since sold the car and I don't have the V5C anymore. Anyway, the redirection service was certainly in place, I have proof of that.
peterguk
QUOTE (zeze12345 @ Sat, 15 Sep 2018 - 12:33) *
I don't have the V5C anymore.

That doesn't help you. Maybe try enquiring to DVLA?
zeze12345
QUOTE (peterguk @ Sat, 15 Sep 2018 - 11:40) *
QUOTE (zeze12345 @ Sat, 15 Sep 2018 - 12:33) *
I don't have the V5C anymore.

That doesn't help you. Maybe try enquiring to DVLA?

Sure, I will do.
But assuming the contraventions happened before I updated my registration address, which is a possiblity?
zeze12345
I have found the V5. The doc ref is from May 2017. I believe I now understand what might have happened and why the redirection service is not to blame.
I had move house twice in 2016. When I came to update the registration the previous address was still from two houses ago... I had no redirection for my first move. The PCNs must have been sent to that address instead, and I had no way of being informed of these.

Nothing to do but blame my tardiness in updating the registration I suppose.

Thanks for your help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.