Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Eye PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
scenicroute79
As the registered keeper I've just received a PCN from Parking Eye for an overstay in a supermarket car park.

I'm initially challenging with the retailer but getting nowhere and they've basically said it's not our problem. However I will continue to pursue this.

I used to be quite clued up about PCN's and have a good success rate, even defeated PE in court previously, though this was several years ago...

Before I appeal to the issuer and request a POPLA code is there anything new I need to know or be aware of?, changes in law, recent winning arguments or any appeal points that are successful with POPLA?. Naturally not expecting anything positive to come out of the appeal with PE based on previous dealings.
ostell
You are aware of POFA then?

Who was the retailer?

Does the PCN mention POFA on the reverse?
scenicroute79
Thanks Ostell

Aware of POFA however I don't really understand it, or a least the implications of it and how it can/or can't help me..

PCN does mention POFA on the reverse and goes on to explain the onus is on the driver, and if not me i'm obliged to provide their details. If not provided they can recover from the reg keeper after 29 days etc

Retailer was ASDA, I'm communicating with them and so far their customer support online are being alot more supportive than store staff. No outcome as yet though. I've sent them a scan of the PCN.
ostell
Your not obliged to provide the keeper details, though you are free to do so but not recommended.

If the reverse of the PE notice mentions POFA then it will most likely by correct and the keeper will be liable.

So is this Scotland or NI or is it a lease/hire car
scenicroute79
Presumably they've ascertained I'm the keeper from the DVLA database. No need for me to mention who the driver was, however if not divulged they will pursue the keeper anyhow. UK not NI or Scotland.

As it happens ASDA have now informed me they have requested cancellation of the PCN. Which is great news, should I take their word for it though, or continue with my appeal as intended?
ostell
Leave the appeal as late as possible but do not forget. Frequently even though the principal has told them to cancel the PPCs say no because we have gone to POPLA.
scenicroute79
Ok will do exactly that. Retailer on a previous PCN instructed PE to Cancel and I still ended up in court. I read that Somerfield cancelled Thier contract with PE because of their behaviour.
scenicroute79
QUOTE (ostell @ Sat, 15 Sep 2018 - 07:51) *
Leave the appeal as late as possible but do not forget. Frequently even though the principal has told them to cancel the PPCs say no because we have gone to POPLA.

Am I right that I have 28 days from delivery date to appeal the PCN with PE, and then a further 28 days to appeal the rejection with POPLA? (if it goes this far)
nosferatu1001
From issue date, almost certainly.
The letter states the deadline with no ambiguity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.