Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN - Contravention Code 01
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
bod1611
Hi All,

Today i received a PCN with a contravention code 01 (Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours) - this was received at 14:53 and there are signs along the road (with single yellow lines) with 'no parking 08:00 - 18:30'.
However, i was parked in an area away from the road and at least 2 foot away from the single yellow lines. The area i had parked had no footpath that i was blocking as this was on the other side of the road. My question is am i liable for this PCN if i wasn't parked on the street or over the single yellow lines? I haven't got a picture of my car but have attached the photograph of the scene - i was basically parked where the concrete bollards are in the picture. No other signage around. The road is Skinnerburn Road on the Newcastle-upon-Tyne quayside.
I'm sure this is a common occurrence - apologies i couldn't find the answer on another thread!
Incandescent
You are bang-to-rights. The yellow line restriction applies to the road and includes carriageway, footways and verges up to the property line, or, in your case, the river. Post the PCN, (all sides), so we can see if it contains fatal errors that could result in cancellation.
bod1611
Long shot but here's the copies of both sides of the PCN.
If it's a case i have to pay the fine then at least i've learned a lesson from it! Thanks for the feedback.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.