Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Penalty Charge Notice - 31: Entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Mazboy
Hi all, been a while but need your wisdom.

I've just received a Penalty Charge Notice for traffic contravention '31 - Entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited'. This took place on New Kings Road j/w Bagleys Lane which i Googled and seems to be a particular hot spot and penalty trap designed by the council.

I've been away so even though the letter is dated 17th August i have only received it today so only have a few days left before the 14 day period.

Anyone have any ideas how to avoid paying this fine?
Mad Mick V
OP----As you say, this is a hot spot for Council income so they have got the process and procedures running like clockwork.

You look bang to rights from the photos, so you either look for a flaw in the documentation (unlikely --see above) or you ask for the video and determine what happened. If the stop was for less than a minute you might claim de minimis (a trivial infraction which should not be enforced) or you might have still been moving slowly i.e. not stopped (the contravention is stopped in a yellow box).

The lack of responses to your post would suggest you are on the back foot on this one.

Mick
madchester1990
I can't see much of a reason to challenge this one. You're clearly not waiting to turn right but obstructed by oncoming traffic; it seems as if you've straight up entered a box junction without enough room to clear it before you stopped!

As above, the only possible challenge I could think of would be to say that you were in fact moving very slowly since you knew the obstruction ahead would shortly clear - but of course you'd need to prove this.
peterguk
QUOTE (madchester1990 @ Sun, 2 Sep 2018 - 21:05) *
but of course you'd need to prove this.

OP, what does the video show?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.