Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And we think it’s bad here
FightBack Forums > Discussion > News / Press Articles
The Rookie
Long story short, car is parked outside the family home and front of the camera, he keeps getting the tickets not the speeding motorists who have triggered the cameras.
https://youtu.be/KY38N4vnhzI
DancingDad
Ouch.
Charlie1010
Is the vehicle insured, licensed and registered?
DancingDad
QUOTE (Charlie1010 @ Mon, 27 Aug 2018 - 10:19) *

Don't think it makes any difference when accused of speeding in a parked car. biggrin.gif
One has to suspect it is an ANPR thing, the system reading his plate in preference to the speeder.
Makes a whole mockery of how foolproof the systems are supposed to be.
cp8759
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Mon, 27 Aug 2018 - 12:03) *
QUOTE (Charlie1010 @ Mon, 27 Aug 2018 - 10:19) *

Don't think it makes any difference when accused of speeding in a parked car. biggrin.gif
One has to suspect it is an ANPR thing, the system reading his plate in preference to the speeder.
Makes a whole mockery of how foolproof the systems are supposed to be.

I believe our systems over here are rather more robust. To be honest in the US they have much bigger problems, such as qualified immunity which basically puts the police above the law.
Ocelot
I would just put a beat-up plastic bin (that no one would steal) on the road directly behind the car, when parked, obscuring the numberplate.
notmeatloaf
It's difficult to tell without more technical details but it doesn't look like an intelligent system like average speed or HADECS3. In fact, by definition it can't be an ANPR average speed check as there is only one wrong numberplate to read.

It seems more likely to be human error, and to be honest US minimum wage IQ levels aren't exactly sky high.
Churchmouse
QUOTE (Ocelot @ Mon, 27 Aug 2018 - 16:04) *
I would just put a beat-up plastic bin (that no one would steal) on the road directly behind the car, when parked, obscuring the numberplate.

You're not thinking like an American in the Deep South. Think firearms, explosives and reinforced truck bumpers...

--Churchmouse
Ocelot
QUOTE (Churchmouse @ Tue, 28 Aug 2018 - 10:17) *

You're not thinking like an American in the Deep South. Think firearms, explosives and reinforced truck bumpers...

--Churchmouse

True, judging by some of the Youtube comments, such as 'taking out' the camera with a shotgun.
Charlie1010
Most road signs out on Alaska country roads have bullet holes.
I couldn’t find the one I took with ‘No shooting from vehicles’ so got this from the internet.

buttonpusher

They would probably do the bin owner for having a bin exceeding the speed limit.
Ocelot
QUOTE (buttonpusher @ Wed, 29 Aug 2018 - 12:24) *

They would probably do the bin owner for having a bin exceeding the speed limit.

They'd probably try, but it would need to have a numberplate on it.
typefish
Well, if you can stick number plates on a trolley, you can stick them on a bin.
DancingDad
QUOTE (Ocelot @ Wed, 29 Aug 2018 - 15:45) *

I keep thinking on a false plate at the rear.... the mayor or police chief's number for instance.
Would probably get the guy into loads of bovver but.....
Ocelot
QUOTE (typefish @ Wed, 29 Aug 2018 - 21:55) *
Well, if you can stick number plates on a trolley, you can stick them on a bin.

I think that would defeat the object if he's trying to not get caught.
ManxRed
It would prove that the system is fatally flawed.
cp8759
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Thu, 30 Aug 2018 - 09:18) *
QUOTE (Ocelot @ Wed, 29 Aug 2018 - 15:45) *

I keep thinking on a false plate at the rear.... the mayor or police chief's number for instance.
Would probably get the guy into loads of bovver but.....

Surely only the mayor could get into trouble, as it's the mayor's number plate on the bin the ticket would go to him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.