Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus lane camera trap
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
northerner1968
Hi guys n gals

Newbie here so here goes

on the 15th of Dec 2017 i travelled to London ( Barnet ) to collect a member of my family from a late night function. i live in kent so it was a fair way to travel ( needs must )
Anyway whilst driving through the borough at night and in the rain and having not really any idea where i was going as i had never been there before i inadvertently went through a set of double green lights
I have very little experience of driving in a large built up area with bus lanes etc so i felt somewhat lost
picked up family member and returned home etc.
having no knowledge of any traffic infringement has been committed.

Until the 21/08 i receive a text message from an enforcement company saying cough up £500 or we will empty your house basically
now this is what i believe is grounds for a case. excl.gif

Harrow borough council sent out the pcn notice to my OLD address which i have not lived at since Feb 2017 so i have had no NTO notifications or ANY correspondence with the council as i was totally unaware they had issued me this fine.

And then when it was escalated to a debt collection agency ( Jacobs ) they themselves have sent all correspondence to my old address and have even visited my old house looking for payment

Surely in this modern society we live in they can get an address right especially of a car registration plate.

I am now sending PE2 & PE3 forms via registered post to the TEC

Any other help guys would be much appreciated smile.gif

See attached photo of Bus lane contravention.

BaggieBoy
QUOTE (northerner1968 @ Thu, 23 Aug 2018 - 12:38) *
Surely in this modern society we live in they can get an address right especially of a car registration plate.

When you moved house did you update the V5C details with the DVLA?
cp8759
QUOTE (northerner1968 @ Thu, 23 Aug 2018 - 12:38) *

Yes we can, when you send off the V5C the new one often arrives in as little as four of five days. I take it you never updated yours, so you'd need to make an out of time statutory declaration, which would likely be opposed by the council. From experience we know the Traffic Enforcement Centre will reject where the council files an objection, and you'd then need to pay £100 for a judge to decide the case on the papers, or £255 at a court hearing (win or lose you won't get these fees back). However you don't really have a very strong case, as it would be purely down to you that you failed to update your V5C, so with that in mind it might be best to just pay.
Incandescent
So,OP, when did you update your V5C when you moved house ?

Or did you update your Driver Licence address and assume it would update the V5. Unfortunately we get a lot of threads with this theme, especially now so many councils are enforcing bus lanes that rely on up-to-date V5 for sending out the PCN.
Mad Mick V
OP-----you have the Council's photos which are inconclusive-----do you know the location so we can check signage etc?
Mick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.