Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
gerty
Hello to all reading my post, I recently recieved a speeding fine from my local plod for doing 50 in a 40. they may well be correct but my question is : the road was a major A road passing through a small hamlet on one side of the single carriageway which had 4 "safety" cameras .The small hamlet was then bypassed by a new dual carriageway . Two of the excisting cameras do not now work ( these are the ones alongside the houses) but at least 1 (the one that zapped me) is left working .( I know this because our daughter lives on the old road and it was mentioned in the parish magazine that when the new road was open they would be removed. Which was a year ago.) The ammount of traffic that now uses the old road is minimal ,maybe one car or truck an hour and mostly local . Its not even used as a rat run because the new road goes no where now . So it cant be for safety reasons because they would have surely left the ones near the houses active .So can I do anything or do I just take it on the chin? Thanks and sorry to rant on.
Ziltro
Unfortunatly the siting of the camera can not be used as a defence.

4 safety camers, huh? That's almost safe enough you could drive down the wrong side of it and nothing bad would happen! rolleyes.gif

But don't give up yet, have a look at the NIP Wizard and see what it suggests!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.