Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dartford Crossing
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
RidleyRumpus
I have just received today a PCN from Dartford Crossing that if I pay by the 30/07/18 I will have the charges waved. mad.gif

They are unwilling to wave as I am 4 days over and now want to charge me £145.

I read this thread here

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...116460&st=0

Would I be advised to wait for the CC, then for the 'Order for Recovery' @ £115.50 each way and then enter a witness statement?
Incandescent
Please post up the PCN and any other documents. Any reason for its late arrival ? If you were, for instance, abroad on business or on holiday, you might be able to persuade them to allow you to pay the toll instead. May I assume this is the first PCN you've ever had from them ? Any reason for not paying the DART toll ? Be aware that they are acting much more generously than councils who, once a PCN is issued, insist on the penalty.
RidleyRumpus
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Thu, 2 Aug 2018 - 20:30) *
Please post up the PCN and any other documents. Any reason for its late arrival ? If you were, for instance, abroad on business or on holiday, you might be able to persuade them to allow you to pay the toll instead. May I assume this is the first PCN you've ever had from them ? Any reason for not paying the DART toll ? Be aware that they are acting much more generously than councils who, once a PCN is issued, insist on the penalty.

Post up the PCN?

I have been away for a while but AFAIA it, correction, they have come today. Yes it is the first PCN but the period for waiving the charge past on Monday.

I just plain forgot to pay at the time I am afraid, not been well got home and fell asleep for about 12 hours forgot completely.
Incandescent
So really, the situation is one of your own making. We have found on this forum that the DART Charge people are normally reasonable for first time offenders, and will accept payment of the toll even though they may have issued a PCN, but have a time limit on this.

By "post up the PCN" we mean post it up here on this forum using the facility as outlined in the "Read this first" forum

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858

Unless you're more forthcoming on the documents, meaningful advice is difficult to give. The PCN will have an issue date on it.You then have a period to pay a discount of 50% and then a further period to pay the full amount, or make an appeal. Any waiving of the charge would be in a separate letter, hence we need to see the documents. It seems from what you say that you have already contacted them about the late arrival of the PCN. Was there any postmark on the letter ? Do you have any problems with mail delays ?

So....please post up the documents.
peterguk
QUOTE (RidleyRumpus @ Thu, 2 Aug 2018 - 21:17) *
I have been away for a while but AFAIA it, correction, they have come today.

Why the ambiguity?
RidleyRumpus
QUOTE (peterguk @ Thu, 2 Aug 2018 - 22:20) *

Why the ambiguity?

Bad edit.

I have been away for a while and came back early in the week and did not see them then when I went through the post, there were there this morning.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (RidleyRumpus @ Thu, 2 Aug 2018 - 22:53) *

Why the ambiguity?

Bad edit.

I have been away for a while and came back early in the week and did not see them then when I went through the post, there were there this morning.

You risk a £5 k fine if you file a witness statement that knowingly makes a false declaration your best bet might be to make your case on the dart charge twitter page but be a bit contrite don't go at them you are asking for a favour
RidleyRumpus
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Thu, 2 Aug 2018 - 23:03) *

Why the ambiguity?

Bad edit.

You risk a £5 k fine if you file a witness statement that knowingly makes a false declaration your best bet might be to make your case on the dart charge twitter page but be a bit contrite don't go at them you are asking for a favour

Why on earth are you thinking I would be making a false statement?
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (RidleyRumpus @ Fri, 3 Aug 2018 - 00:50) *
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Thu, 2 Aug 2018 - 23:03) *

Why the ambiguity?

Bad edit.

Why on earth are you thinking I would be making a false statement?

I refer to the opening post

cp8759
Why don't you just show us what you've actually received?

We've also found in the past that if you phone up and explain you've been away / have only just seen the correspondence, they will sometimes reset the process and allow you to just pay the crossing fee.
RidleyRumpus
I took some advice on here and tweeted to them.

They asked me to DM them and as a result, I paid the £5 and they have waived the PCN Charges far different result than when I phoned them.

Well pleased.
Incandescent
QUOTE (RidleyRumpus @ Sat, 4 Aug 2018 - 22:00) *
I took some advice on here and tweeted to them.

They asked me to DM them and as a result, I paid the £5 and they have waived the PCN Charges far different result than when I phoned them.

Well pleased.

Well done ! And it shows that what we say about the DART Charge people is true. Believe me, they are a light that lightens the darkness when it comes to dealing with PCNs when compared with the venal and rapacious councils we see so often on here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.