Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scott and Co for old council parking fines
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Standard
Hi All!

I just had 2 Scott n Co guys come to my door, asking my name, I gave it (stupidly) and they handed me a "Form of charge for payment of money" for 2 parking fines from 2014 and 2016, amounting to £180, but with extra charges now £259.10 (scored out, and penciled in £261.16)

Says I (his name and address) Sheriff Officer, by virtue of the said penalty charge certificates....

If I don't pay in 14 days you are liable to have further action taken against you including 'arrestment of your earnings' and the auction of belongings to you, but says no actual date.

- Is this legal?
I live in Scotland,
I'm disabled, and have been on, and was on a lot of medication at that time,
I've also subsequently moved 2 times, and to a different area and council.

Should i ignore Scott and Co and speak/write to the Council direct explaining the situation and making a repayment plan for the said fines of £180? or even the original 2 fines price of £30 each?

Thanks for any advice.
cp8759
I would contact the council in the first instance. In England, there is a process to "reset" the PCN in such circumstances, but as far as we've been able to establish there is no such process in Scotland. I did email Transport for Scotland in May asking how it is that these provisions don't breach article 6 of the European Convention on Human Rights (right to a fair trail etc...) and they never replied.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.