Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Six points on my licence and a fine of £160
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
anon1212
I have just got six points on my licence and a fine of £160, i have had no income/job since december 2005! I have only just started up my own gardening business!

Just before xmas last year i was caught speeding in a temp' 30mph road works speed restriction by a mobile laser gun in a white van clocking 52mph, the thing was i had no clue i was speeding until i passed the laser gun, i never saw a temp' 30mph speed restriction till after i passed the van, the traffic cones were off the road and on the verge, plus there was not any works being carried out so i just automaticlily assumed 60mph was the speed limit!

I pleaded guilty in writing to maidstone crown court stating all this but accepted that i did speed but i didnt intend to! As of now i have no driving licence because it would hve been 2 years since i past my test in august 2006! Like i say i have had no money/job since December of last year, i have just started my own business and yet they hit me with six points plus a £160 fine! I thought £35 was the court fee's and maybe another £30-£40 fine on top of that and 3 to 4 points! Driving is something i cant afford to have taken from me and i have never been covicted of a crime ever in my life!

What are the rules or law for point convictions? Can the court do this? Is it worth me challenging this punishment? How would i go about it?

Please can somebody help me out!
sharewatcher
My friend is in a similer situation and all the advice he has been given is "forget about appealing" on the bright side you have not been banned you can sit the theory and the driving test again and you are back on the road in a month.

You can still drive with a qualified driver and L plates as you have reverted back to learner status
crystal
Hi,
You can write to the court with 21 days to appeal the sentance. Does the 160 include the Costs ?
I do not think you have a very good case. It may be as well to get your tests booked.

Regards
Crystal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.