Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hackney Suspended Bay PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
hackney_living
Hi all,

I got a PCN for parking in a suspended bay in Hackney on Friday 01 June 2018. The suspended bay was a small one which has space for 3 cars (4 if parked tightly). No other bays on the street were suspended, and only one sign was put up on the whole road.

I arrived late the previous night and parked in this bay, without checking the sign as I am a resident in the area and know where I can park, and this bay is usually quite empty so thought nothing of there being no other cars on it.

I feel the signage was insufficient and believe the council should really do more to advise residents on parking bay suspensions, but I can't say whether the sign was there the night before or how long it had been up for. Furthermore, the van that came to do the works was parked at the bay for maybe 30 minutes and did not have trouble doing wha thtey needed with my car in the way (you can see their van parked behind my car in one of the pictures).

I have uploaded a picture of the ticket and the key pictures supplied as evidence by the enforcement office here: https://imgur.com/a/NHvusua

Do I have any chances challenging this PCN, or should I just pay up?

Thanks all for your help!
stamfordman
Street view shows two houses and a bay sign that looks rather high to me and council pics do show though that you can see the suspension sign form the side but it again it looks rather high.

The suspension says 'parking space outside 51' - what does this mean? It looks like there are 2 spaces as it's wide house and you weren't towed which indicates that those needing the suspension had a space outside 51.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5649846,-0....3312!8i6656
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.