Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help! caught speeding on the A34
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
stupidscammers
any help
bazz
Looks like you will have to go to court for a bigger fine and more points, and a good ticking off, your almost double the speed limit on that road.

tell them you had £10,000 in cash on you and you where been followed by some shady looking people unsure.gif who you thought where after your money.
fairygothmother
At this speed there is also the possibility of a short ban. If this woudl cause extreme hardship you need to start thinking about reasons why you need to use your car, i.e. needed for work, needed to take elderly relatives shopping etc etc. When you get to court you need to make it clear how sorry you are and have good reason to use the car in order to avoid a ban. This does however mean you could be looking at a higher fine.
Regards, Fairy
Broadsword
Go to the 'Read this first' section and post your circumstances according to the formatted questions.

I know the A34 well and it is a 'fast' road.

Furthermore, Gatso or Camera Van?...........................Staffordshire have civilian camera (van) operators.
stupidscammers
this is the nip i received, this is my 1st offence as i've never had any motoring convictions, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - staffordshire
Date of the offence: - May 2006
Date of the NIP: - 4 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 5 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A34 Tittensor between Chase Lane., & Stoke Boundary (871) St
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - driving along the A34 and the speed limit changes from a 60mph to a 40mph, speed camera van on the other side of the dual carriageway caught me. i know that there was another thread about someone else who got caught along the same stretch of road. and it was mentioned that this stretch of road had only recently been changed from a 60 to a 40.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the PACE witness statement.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 08:44:20 +0100
stupidscammers
any help or advice from anyone?
wotnotv
any help or advice from anyone?

Bit tricky as it looks like you've deleted your original post.

Have you completed and sent off the NIP or asked for photos?
If not, roughly how long have you got left to respond?

By the way, the penalty for failure to respond is three points (maximum) and a sizeable fine. There is a discretionary ban which AFAIK has never been imposed.

Regards
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.