Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do I do now? I think I've this wrong!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
ProfessionalWindow
I have responded to the issuer of my ticket with my reason for overstay (dead battery & AA came to fix on site - they could have confirmed this with their cameras easily), but I had no direct evidence. I responded to keep within the appeals timetable.

I checked with this forum and decided to adapt the proforma letter provided - I now had proof of my claim for being immobile from the AA, fully timed, and asked the same department to reconsider as I had new and substantive evidence. This was taken as a second appeal to them, which they denied.

They told me to proceed to IAS and appeal with them for a "binding decision".

I realise now that I should have said that further information would be forthcoming, or not replied until I had that evidence. Everything I read here would suggest that I don't get involved with IAS, but I now do not have a stage 1 to resort to...

Thanks

ProfessionalWindow
Jlc
In relation to your previous thread? Here.

It sounds like they are suggesting the £15 IAS appeal option? We generally do not recommend using the IAS, let alone the paid for one!

As per the advice - they are not known for being litigious and you seem to have the basis of a valid defence. You either ignore them now unless they send a Letter Before Claim or write to tell them that their claim is baseless, you paid (?) and regardless there was a frustration of contract that can be proved, no payment will be made unless they have a court judgment.
ProfessionalWindow
Thanks Jlc - as expected!
rolleyes.gif
SchoolRunMum
They told me to proceed to IAS and appeal with them for a "binding decision".

They would suggest that, wouldn't they?! And we all know which way the 'binding decision' would go.

You will get a fairer hearing and a MUCH higher chance of success defending in a small claim hearing.
nosferatu1001
Hit REPORT and get your thread merged

One case one thread is the rule you agreed to when signing up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.