Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN for parking in Suspended Bay for 3 minutes
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Mr Muffin
Hey
Just got a PCN for parking in parking space that is originally for cars, and clearly signposted to either Pay at Machine or Permit holders only. I popped in to a shop opposite to get some coins to pay for the parking, before I planned to go in to the Solicitors opposite for a Witness of Identity paper to be signed. I was gone a total of 3 minutes to find that I was served a PCN for Contravention 21. It was observed from 12.14 to 12.15- she gave me literally (less than) 60 seconds to issue the ticket.

The yellow suspended parking bay notice was blocked by pedestrians on the pavement, waiting for either a bus, or just mingling as they do, so I was oblivious that is was suspended as a temporary bus stop. I was parked right next to the pole, which had both suspended bay notice below (waist height) and the normal parking regulations notice above.

Surely giving me 60 seconds is un fair? She was also seriously rude to me when I contested and as I got in my car to drive away began to either take photos or film me driving away (seen in rear view mirror)

Help please!!!!
John U.K.
Date of PCN?

As usual, for best advice post up all all sides pf PCN, and GSV(Google Street View) link to the location.

Try this:

Do not attach docs/photos, but use this method:

Photo or scan. see http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858&st=0
for how to do it. I use Tinypic for stage 2 with no problems. Thera are other sites, such as Flickr (where the BBcodes are concealed behind the curly arrow (click on it) for sharing), which enable you to paste the BBCodes into your post here.
STAGE 1 takes care of resizing. If you use Tinypic for Stage 2, on the left each image in Tinypic is a list of links. Highlight and copy the entire link 'for forums' from the list for each image - beginning with IMG and ending /IMG (include all the square brackets [ ] ), and paste each link into your post. Each copied and pasted link will embed a thumbnail link in your post.

Using the attachment method is not advised as it means quickly running out of attachment space.

Redact/obscure name, address, PCN number and reg.mark.
LEAVE IN all dates/times; precise location, Contravention code and description.
Mr Muffin
Thanks.

Here is the link to the PCN

Here is the google street view link:

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.7665038,0.2...3312!8i6656

Thanks!

stamfordman
See what pics are on the council's website.

No observation time needed for a suspended bay.

Not really relevant on this one but you can't leave the car to get change for parking without risking a PCN although if you challenge you'll need to admit this I guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.