Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flora Street car park Sheffield VCS taking me to court
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
redrose
My car was parked in Flora Street car park near Iceland in 2016. When the driver returned from shopping there was a ticket on the windscreen stating the car was parked in a restricted area. There were no markings on the ground to indicate a restricted area. My car was one of 4 parked in the same area. According to one Pepipoo member he was able to successfully defend the PCN in court because the judge ruled that the restricted was not marked. Also the ticket should have been given for parking outside of a bay. Does anyone have a witness statement and Skeleton argument I can use when I go to court please?
nosferatu1001
OK, maybe stop jumping ahead?

Where exactly are you in the process? Do yo uhave a LBA? County Court Claim form? Have yousubmitted a defence?

You need your own WS as this is YOUR case with YOUR facts...
redrose
Yes, I have submitted my defence. I am waiting for the case to be allocated. The reason I'm asking whether anyone has a WS and Skeleton Argument is because someone on this forum recently beat VCS in Sheffield court. This member was issued a PCN in the same car park for the same reason and beat it. He offered to help if the case went as far as court. Problem is this member's inbox is full so hasn't received my request for help. I thought there might be someone else who could help.
Jlc
Which member?
Redivi
Is his name associated with breakfast ?
redrose
he also kindly advised me to contact BMPA which I did but now their site redirects me to PADI. Is that a similar site?
nosferatu1001
Yes.

It woudl help to know which member...

What defence did you submit? Thats kinda important to know, because thats what you have to work with.
redrose
For defence used BMPA template #4 and added the part about PCN for parking in a restricted area but no markings on ground to show this. Member. Marmalade67c
Dwaynedouglas
QUOTE (redrose @ Thu, 10 May 2018 - 16:37) *
For defence used BMPA template #4 and added the part about PCN for parking in a restricted area but no markings on ground to show this. Member. Marmalade67c

It would appear that Marmalade67c only has a couple of posts, and didn't respond to anything after Feb 2017 (despite visiting as recently as late April 2018).

I suggest you go to completed case summaries, and run a search for 'VCS skeleton argument' and try and fit your facts into this format; relying on someone else who infrequently posts is probably not a productive use of your time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.