Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parking Signage near Moorfields hospital London EC1V 2PD
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
namster
Hi all
just need some help with the signage. does it mean that you can park on a Sunday for free after 6am ?

stamfordman
QUOTE (namster @ Sun, 29 Apr 2018 - 12:54) *
does it mean that you can park on a Sunday for free after 6am ?

yes it does - but be really careful in Islington zone C as Sunday between 6 am and 12 midnight is now the only uncontrolled time in this zone. The hours were changed owing to the night time economy in Clerkenwell, Old Street areas.

You can also park on a single yellow line unless it's got its own sign.
John U.K.
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sun, 29 Apr 2018 - 12:30) *

yes it does - but be really careful in Islington zone C as Sunday between 6 am and 12 midnight is now the only uncontrolled time in this zone. The hours were changed owing to the night time economy in Clerkenwell, Old Street areas.

It is not very clear, is it? Does it adequately convey a restriction or a permission?
stamfordman
QUOTE (John U.K. @ Sun, 29 Apr 2018 - 13:42) *
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sun, 29 Apr 2018 - 12:30) *

It is not very clear, is it? Does it adequately convey a restriction or a permission?

Seems clear to me it's just the odd hours that can confuse. It's a shared use bay - permit holders or pay for 2 hours, bar Sunday between 6 am and 12 midnight.
John U.K.
Seems clear to me it's just the odd hours that can confuse. It's a shared use bay - permit holders or pay for 2 hours, bar Sunday between 6 am and 12 midnight.

To me, the 'P' means 'you can park here freely'

It then goes on to list times and conditions when you cannot do so.

I think it would be clearer if the word 'Except' was inserted before 'Mon-Fri...'

Otherwise I would be understanding the words 'Only For' before 'Permit holders ... or ....', leaving Sundays 6am-midnight in a bit of a limbo.
stamfordman
QUOTE (John U.K. @ Sun, 29 Apr 2018 - 13:54) *
To me, the 'P' means 'you can park here freely'

?

It's the standard sign for a parking place, free or qualified.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.