Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN details ....
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Krakers
Hi - I've just got back fom London where I managed to pick up a PCN in the 3 minutes (I kid you not) I was parked on a road. There were yellow lines there which were broken and in disrepair and it was directly opposite where I needed to pop, so I thought no probs if I do get a ticket - a quick appeal and its gone.

The problem is, I parked where the kerb had been lowered for an entrance to a disused shop / wareshouse that had its gate padlocked shut. I'd pulled onto the kerb so as not to block traffic, but where I parked was a continuation of the footpath and the PCN has been issued for "Parked with one or more wheels on any part of an urban road other than a carriageway (footway parking). Code 62".

So I guess if I'd parked on the road I'd have been fine, but the footpath is a no-no. Fair enough. On inspection of the PCN though, I noted something not normally seen on PCN's (on the ones I've seen anyway). It states "Excise License Number" and "Expiry Date".

The PCN Reads like this :

Make : Vauxhall Excise Linencse Number : 00
Colour : Red Expiry Date : 30 04 07

My Excise license number is in fact not 00, but a rather longer more complex number. Am I right in thinking that *all* information on the PCN must be correct, and that if the Excise Number doesn't accurately reflect the vehicles then this is sufficient grounds for a challenge ?

Krakers.
jeffreyarcher
I don't think so. That is because there is no requirement for the faulty information. AFAIK, they only put the VED info. on for corroboration that 'it must have been your vehicle, otherwise how did they get the details?'
So if the info. is incorrect, the only use that I could see would be to help you if you denied that it was your vehicle (which would be an offence).
Krakers
QUOTE (jeffreyarcher @ Wed, 14 Jun 2006 - 15:31) *
I don't think so. That is because there is no requirement for the faulty information. AFAIK, they only put the VED info. on for corroboration that 'it must have been your vehicle, otherwise how did they get the details?'
So if the info. is incorrect, the only use that I could see would be to help you if you denied that it was your vehicle (which would be an offence).

Hi jeffreyarcher - I've jst looked at 95/1 again and you're probably right.

I've just sent them a challenge anyway. Who knows, they still may accept or even send me some other defective documentation along the way.
peterb
QUOTE (Krakers @ Wed, 14 Jun 2006 - 14:23) *
I've just got back fom London where I managed to pick up a PCN in the 3 minutes (I kid you not).

"Parked with one or more wheels on any part of an urban road other than a carriageway (footway parking). Code 62".

Unfortunately that's the way it is now, war on the streets !!
Wouldn't surprise me if parking attendant was watching you.

Where did you get ticket & which road ??

Personally I think parking regulations have become so ridiculous & overbearing, the council/governement should issue
an Urban Survival Handbook to each driver.

I'm sure there are numerous tiny contraventions people can be caught out without realising.

peterb

Ps: I'm sure you'll sort it.
peterb
QUOTE (jeffreyarcher @ Wed, 14 Jun 2006 - 15:31) *
AFAIK, they only put the VED info. on for corroboration that 'it must have been your vehicle, otherwise how did they get the details?'

Car could be on cloned plates, which is obviously increasing as ticketing based on numberplates has become
so prevalent for Parking/Speeding/Congestion Charge/Moving traffic contraventions/Bus lane & on & on .......

With tax disc details, they have 2nd item to crosscheck against.
Occasionally seen attendants taking pictures.

peterb
Krakers
NCP have kept up their speedy work and rejected my request for cancellation, all turned around in 2 days. In their letter they didn't address my grounds for the request other than to say "Your comments have been noted and considered.". Just sent them another letter requesting confirmation of whether they beleive the information on the PCN to be correct.

I'll probably get something similar back, So its looking like time to decide whether I pay up or let it go to appeal.

Krakers.
canned_heat
Is there any legal requirement to display a tax disc??
DW190
QUOTE (canned_heat @ Tue, 20 Jun 2006 - 17:01) *
Is there any legal requirement to display a tax disc??

On a public road "Yes"
peterb
QUOTE (Krakers @ Tue, 20 Jun 2006 - 13:04) *
NCP have kept up their speedy work and rejected my request for cancellation, all turned around in 2 days. In their letter they didn't address my grounds for the request other than to say "Your comments have been noted and considered."

1st appeals are routinely rejected.

Why bother when they can make £30-£60+.

Standard reply means they can't be bothered now.
If you pursue your appeal, they will probably drop after few questioning letters,
as they can't be bothered later to contest.

Keep going, it'll be fun. biggrin.gif

peterb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.