Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UK Parking Control was fined almost £6,000
FightBack Forums > Discussion > News / Press Articles
v8offroad
UK Parking Control was fined almost £6,000 for refusing to provide CCTV footage from a Lincoln car park that would have helped an investigation into fly-tipping.

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2018/04/parking...-tipping-probe/
Fredd
Convicted in their absence, so this saga doesn't really prove much apart from the fact that the way they dealt with this appears to have been consistently incompetent.
Redivi
Extremely incompetent

UKPC could have replied that it doesn't have any footage, only still images of vehicles entering and leaving

There will be no record of most vehicles because images are only retained if the permitted stay was exceeded
Jlc
It seems strange why they didn't attend.
The Rookie
QUOTE (Redivi @ Fri, 13 Apr 2018 - 13:10) *
There will be no record of most vehicles because images are only retained if the permitted stay was exceeded

Which is all they would have had to have replied with!
Redivi
That was what I meant - send a few still images and tell the council that the others were deleted in accordance with their ICO licence
The Rookie
Sorry, I was agreeing with you, I realised what you meant and was just expanding on it.
cp8759
QUOTE (Fredd @ Fri, 13 Apr 2018 - 13:06) *
Convicted in their absence, so this saga doesn't really prove much apart from the fact that the way they dealt with this appears to have been consistently incompetent.

For once it's nice to see incompetence being punished.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.