Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving traffic offence; Barnet
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Hilow
PCN for moving traffic offence in Finchley..
Below is view from Google maps and a FOI result from Barnet.gov.uk

Googlemaps
Barnet website
The enforcement has only been in place for a year- see the FOI request- second link.

This seems a totally ridiculous place to enforce a no-right turn; around 50 metres from a traffic island and a pedestrian crossing (on Ballards Lane) which halts the oncoming traffic at regular intervals. I suspect it is aimed at the huge articulated delivery lorries which service the rear of the Tesco store; they can block the road easily if they try to turn right onto Ballards Lane from here.

I'm so cheesed off to find a silly no right turn sign, locally, that I had no idea about. They all just seem like little traps to catch unsuspecting motorists, and extract further cash from them. : (

Any ideas for an appeal on this?
Here's the paperwork...
Googlephotos
Many thanks
Incandescent
If you want advice from the honorary volunteers here then please post up the PCN, with PCN No. and car/address details blanked-out. Leave everything else in. Also please give us the link to the street itself; at the moment it only goes to the map.
Hilow
Apologies...The paperwork- pcn is in the link at the bottom that says Google photos....

Hope it works for you...
cp8759
QUOTE (Hilow @ Thu, 12 Apr 2018 - 23:51) *
Apologies...The paperwork- pcn is in the link at the bottom that says Google photos....

Hope it works for you...

I'm just getting an error.
Neil B
QUOTE (Hilow @ Thu, 12 Apr 2018 - 18:34) *
This seems a totally ridiculous place to enforce a no-right turn; around 50 metres from a traffic island and a pedestrian crossing (on Ballards Lane) which halts the oncoming traffic at regular intervals.

That seems a ridiculous comment.
Mr Mustard
The no right turn doesn't look any less safe than loads of others along that road which are allowed but it is there & it is well enough signed so we can forget that as a challenge.

The PCN wording in so far as it relates to the early service of the charge certificate is the best representation but Barnet won't cancel for it as they managed to overturn my run of getting their PCN deemed not substantially complaint in respect of the two 28 days periods but I have realised I didn't wriggle hard enough the day I lost and that the wording is point blank wrong about when a charge certificate can be served. The 28 days for making representations is ambiguously stated, which should work against the causer, but they got the benefit of the doubt.

I lost a case on the papers last Monday which I will send back for a Review as it would be useful to try and get some unanimity between adjudicators. The council could simply put the matter beyond doubt by changing the wording.

It is tricky when you can't tell a vehicle Owner for certain what the outcome will be not that adjudications are entirely certain as to outcome even when you think you have a nailed on point.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (Mr Mustard @ Sun, 15 Apr 2018 - 18:07) *
The no right turn doesn't look any less safe than loads of others along that road which are allowed but it is there & it is well enough signed so we can forget that as a challenge.

The PCN wording in so far as it relates to the early service of the charge certificate is the best representation but Barnet won't cancel for it as they managed to overturn my run of getting their PCN deemed not substantially complaint in respect of the two 28 days periods but I have realised I didn't wriggle hard enough the day I lost and that the wording is point blank wrong about when a charge certificate can be served. The 28 days for making representations is ambiguously stated, which should work against the causer, but they got the benefit of the doubt.

I lost a case on the papers last Monday which I will send back for a Review as it would be useful to try and get some unanimity between adjudicators. The council could simply put the matter beyond doubt by changing the wording.

It is tricky when you can't tell a vehicle Owner for certain what the outcome will be not that adjudications are entirely certain as to outcome even when you think you have a nailed on point.

interesting, can you give us references
Mr Mustard
217048098A, 2180043187, 2170581626 amongst others

I'm now focusing on the charge certificate timing rather than the representations timing.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (Mr Mustard @ Sun, 15 Apr 2018 - 23:42) *
217048098A, 2180043187, 2170581626 amongst others

I'm now focusing on the charge certificate timing rather than the representations timing.

Thanks, I have always focused on the CC because the regs only require that reps may be disregarded if received after 28 days from date of service. It is the issue of the CC that is wrong.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.