Full Version: 60 in a 50. Gtr Manchester
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Mike49
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Greater Manchester
Date of the offence: - May 2006
Date of the NIP: - 9 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 10 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A34 Kingsway, adj to Etchells Road (underbridge) Cheadle Hulme
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Our for a nice ride on the bike. Not riding quickly as my wife was on the back. I always ride and drive with one eye out for cameras, so it was with some surprise when I recieved the NIP through the post. The offence states 60mph in a 50. I do not know as yet wether it was a fixed camera or a van.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the PACE witness statement.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:12:22 +0100

Since recieving the NIP I have completed and returned a PACE statement. However, today I recieved through 1st class post another NIP for the same offence. There is no covering letter refering to my PACE statement enclosed with the second NIP. I have noted though that the second NIP is dated **/06/2006. 37 days after the offence. Is this relevant? and should I ignore this second NIP or respond with another PACE?

Michael
cjm99
Put it safely with all the other correspondence, and do absolutely nothing.
Mika
QUOTE (Mike49 @ Tue, 13 Jun 2006 - 15:21) *
There is no covering letter refering to my PACE statement enclosed with the second NIP.

Can you prove that you sent the statement? Did you send it Special Delivery and have you kept the receipt?
Mike49
Unfortunately I sent it by 1st class post, not recorded or special delivery.

Michael
crystal
Hi,

Maybe reply with another PACE statement but this time Special Delivery and keep the receipt?

then they cannot claim it did not arrive

Regards
Crystal
Mike49
Hello there. It has been a long time since the offence and I was wondering how I now stand.
The date of the offence was in the first week of May. I recieved the NIP, which was addressed to my company name which I replied to this using PACE. I then recieved another NIP addressed directly to myself which was agian replied to using a PACE statement.
Because of streching out the time limits using the PACE statements it was the end of July before I recieved the Conditional offer fixed penalty notice. This was duly ignored.
The next correspondance from them was early September stating that the Conditional offer remained outstanding, the file for summons was being prepared and pay up within 14 days or go to court.
Now what concerns me is the time scale. Over 6 months has passed since the date of the offence and as yet no summons has arrived. I'm almost scared of tempting fate by asking this question but, is it over, or does the 6 months run from when they recieve a reply to the second NIP?

Yours, nervously

Michael
Rallyman72
For the speeding it is 6 months from the offence so that should have timed out. For giving the driver details it is 6 months plus 28 days from the date of receipt of the NIP addressed to yourself so that 'could' still be an issue.

I'd give it until two weeks or so after this final date (which will be in January probably) and phone the COURT in the area concerned to see if an information has been laid in your name.
Mike49
Well. Time has moved on and still no summons. It is now 8 months since the date of the offence. Anyways. Unsure as to wether I had been timed out I decided to contact the Greater Manchester ticket office to get the details of the court they use. What a circus. According to their documents you can either e-mail or contact them on an automated line. I first tried the phone.
Press 1 for this. 2 for that 3 for the other and so on. All options were basically how to pay. No way of getting through to a human and asking a simple question.
Next I decided on the e-mail method. All I asked was, what is the phone number of the court you use? A simple question I would have thought. However, all I have had back is a thank you for your enquiry and it has been passed onto the relevent department.
My fear now is that I have awakened them and they are thinking. "we're not letting this one get away" and are rushing my documents through the system.
paranoid I know. But that's how I feel.

So. Whet do you think. Eight and a half months on. Is it over?

Michael
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.