Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP rule help
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
sonnyred1
Hey guys new to the forum. However I've got a question about this NIP rule. I know they have to give me it by 14Days the day of the offence being 0. I THINK I've been caught by a average speed camera on the m6. It was 50 but I think I probably went around 55ish. However it's day 13 since the offence (16/03). So tommorow is bank holiday including Monday aswell.

I'm thinking does the 14 rule include bank holidays or weekends?

And if I were to get the NIP would it be valid on Saturday or Tuesday?

I'm not 100% sure if I'm in the clear, I'm kinds worried since I can only get 6pts.
The Rookie
14 days includes all days.

55 on your speedo is below the enforcement started my speed of 57 and you were probably only doing about 53mph anyway so a NIP would be highly unlikely. Even if you were just over 57 an awareness course beckons for up to 64mph.

The 14 days only applies to the first NIP (to registered keeper OR driver, but they don’t know who was driving yet.....) so are you the registered keeper, not just bought the car or moved house so that your address would be returned in the event of a check?
sonnyred1
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 29 Mar 2018 - 18:29) *
14 days includes all days.

55 on your speedo is below the enforcement started my speed of 57 and you were probably only doing about 53mph anyway so a NIP would be highly unlikely. Even if you were just over 57 an awareness course beckons for up to 64mph.

The 14 days only applies to the first NIP (to registered keeper OR driver, but they don’t know who was driving yet.....) so are you the registered keeper, not just bought the car or moved house so that your address would be returned in the event of a check?

Lived in the current house all my life. Car is personal been registered under my name since 2017 October. I'm just worried that I'll get more than one ticket because there was various other average cams aswell. You reckon I'm in the safe?
Logician
If you did not go over 55mph on your speedo you are probably OK, and if tomorrow is day 14 you are in the clear legally because there will be no postal deliveries on Good Friday. The only problem is proving that a late NIP was in fact late, so try to be in when the post is delivered and if there is a NIP chase after the postman and get him to sign he delivered it on 31st March.
sonnyred1
QUOTE (Logician @ Thu, 29 Mar 2018 - 19:19) *
If you did not go over 55mph on your speedo you are probably OK, and if tomorrow is day 14 you are in the clear legally because there will be no postal deliveries on Good Friday. The only problem is proving that a late NIP was in fact late, so try to be in when the post is delivered and if there is a NIP chase after the postman and get him to sign he delivered it on 31st March.

Well I get most of my mails on Saturdays bills, bankings ect.. So I'm assuming if it doesn't come by Saturday I'm just going to hope I'm in the clear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.