Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No insurance.. oversight.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Will_i_amw1
Hi all,

1st post here, my friend told me about this site as i'm in a bit of a tough spot. I was stopped on Monday as i was going to pick up the wife, jammer followed me down a motorway, they stopped me and asked if i had insurance, as far as i was aware I had temp cover from the dealership anyway after about 10 minutes or so they gave me a HO/RT1 and told me to produce at my local police station which i did today (Sunday). However after checking when i got home and realised the insurance was a 5 day policy and not 7 as I believed (I worked in the motor trade for 10 years and always provided 7 day insurance in the places i have worked). I quickly set up my insurance off the quotes that were already done. I noticed on the slip the police gave me that there was no date or time recorded on the HO/RT1 so today i have produced the recent insurance to them at the counter. They filled in their form and said someone might be in touch, have i made a mistake by giving them a policy which isnt valid? Someone said they may have done it to make me get insurance a warning as such. What are the possible outcomes or does not having a date or time on the form help? I need a clean driving licence for work as only started 3 months ago! I would most likely lose my job. Any advice on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated!! I'm absolutely bricking it. Offence in Scotland if that makes any difference?

Thanks in advance
Will
peterguk
AFAIK, CoFP is same in Scotland as England, so 6 points and £200 fine.

Either you were insured at the time, or you were not. That date and time will be a matter of fact.

I may misunderstand your post, but are you're saying you have subsequently produced an insurance certificate that was commenced after you were stopped, but appears to cover you for the time you were stopped??
Will_i_amw1
QUOTE (peterguk @ Sun, 25 Mar 2018 - 19:55) *

Either you were insured at the time, or you were not. That date and time will be a matter of fact.

I may misunderstand your post, but are you're saying you have subsequently produced an insurance certificate that was commenced after you were stopped, but appears to cover you for the time you were stopped??

Thanks for the reply. I produced the doc starting 45 minutes after the stop. As there was no date or time on the hort1 will they check? think now it was a stupid thing to do. If i get six points i may lose job. Thanks
southpaw82
QUOTE (Will_i_amw1 @ Sun, 25 Mar 2018 - 20:01) *

Thanks for the reply. I produced the doc starting 45 minutes after the stop. As there was no date or time on the hort1 will they check? think now it was a stupid thing to do. If i get six points i may lose job. Thanks

Did they take a copy of your insurance certificate?
Will_i_amw1
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Sun, 25 Mar 2018 - 20:08) *

Not a copy but wrote down the start and end dates and times... if they check onnthe time they will realise.. but its not on the hort1
southpaw82
QUOTE (Will_i_amw1 @ Sun, 25 Mar 2018 - 21:14) *
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Sun, 25 Mar 2018 - 20:08) *

Not a copy but wrote down the start and end dates and times... if they check onnthe time they will realise.. but its not on the hort1

You'd best hope the police officer is lazy then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.