Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking in residents bay after I vacated my flat
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
lovecurrypies
I was renting a flat and I had a residents parking permit from the local council.
I had to pay for the permit and the permit had an expiry date of 30/06/2018.

However I was made redundant in November and as money was very tight i gave notice on my flat and moved in with various friends on a short term basis until I got myself sorted. I moved out of my flat at the end of January but as the friend I was staying with lived nearby I continued to use my parking permit.
However 10 days ago I received a PCN saying that the parking fee had not been paid , even though i was displaying my permit.

When I left the flat I told the Council Tax department I was leaving so it is possible they know I have left the address the permit relates to. It is also possible that the new tenant has applied for a permit and so they have cancelled mine.

The PCN does not say invalid permit , it says I have not paid and displayed the appropriate fee.

The charge is £50 reduced to £25 if paid within 14 days , in a few days time. With my recent redundancy i can not really afford to pay anything , not even the £25 lower figure.

Do I have any options or will I have to take it on the chin and pay-up.

any help/advice would be most appreciated

makara
Post both sides of the PCN - minus name and address
cp8759
Also any available photos of the signs and the location on Google Street View, if it is available.
Mad Mick V
This will depend on what the Parking Places Order says about permits--expired, expunged or otherwise. Ownership or tenancy in a named street might be a pre-requisite.

Any permit refunds due for April-June?

Mick
stamfordman
Need to be careful here as you can be prosecuted for not returning a permit if ineligible. Was it paid for or free?
lovecurrypies
The parking sign says Permit holders only Mon-Fri 8am to 6pm.

No where does ir say anything about being able to pay yet the PCN quotes " Parked without payment of the parking charge"

What do you mean by "Parking Places Order"
Mad Mick V
Sounds like you got a code 12 contravention but at a lower penalty--interesting.

You'll have to give us a sight of the PCN.

The Order relates to how the Council regulates parking through its "byelaws". So we need the name of the Council so we can check them for you.

Mick
hcandersen
Photos, PCN and GSV.

Pl do not explain the location, show us.

From what you've posted so far either you or the authority are totally wrong.

So which of you is it? Only the photos etc. will show.

Over to you.
lovecurrypies
Looks like it is a code 11 infringement on the PCN.

Details from PCN

PCN Number XXXXXXXXX

Served on : 09/03/18

By Civil Enforcement Officer : 123

Who had reasonable cause to believe that the following parking
contravention has occurred and that a penalty charge is now payable.

11.Parked without payment of the parking charge.

Date of contravention 09/03/18
Time of contravention 10:20

Vehilce Registration Number XX00 XXX

Make Correct
Colour Correct

Time First Observed :

A penalty charge of £50 is now payable.............................................
................................................................................

hcanderson could you explain what you mean by

"From what you've posted so far either you or the authority are totally wrong."
stamfordman
You need to take a pic of the PCN and post it using a site such as Imgur and Flickr. We need the location on Google Street View. We need the council and any pics on the council's site.
Mad Mick V
Are we being trolled?

We've already asked 5 or 6 times for adequate information.

Mick
lovecurrypies
Mick ,I thought this would be a site to get help not abuse.

Above are details of what the PCN says.

The street parking signs say "Permit holders only,Mon - Fri 8am to 6pm "
There is no option to make payment to park.

Yet the code on the PCN is code 11 ,not paid payment charge.

I was displaying a valid residents permit, all be it I had left the tenancy at the address the permit was issued for
6 weeks earlier.
hcandersen
OP, you must show us photos and GSV.

We cannot give aid without adequate data, otherwise we would be guessing and that's not what we do. We must also closely examine an OP's account and not just take what's offered for granted. In this way we give you the best options.

Over to you.
Slapdash
Is there any possibility you were parked in a bay that that sign did not apply to. ?

Without knowledge of the exact location nobody can tell.
peterguk
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sun, 18 Mar 2018 - 21:36) *
Was it paid for or free?

QUOTE (lovecurrypies @ Sun, 18 Mar 2018 - 21:21) *
I had to pay for the permit
Tartarus
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Mon, 19 Mar 2018 - 08:39) *
OP, you must show us photos and GSV.

Yes, to reaffirm this.

Please photo/scan the PCN, all parts, all sides that have something on, use an image storage website to host, as you can't upload here. GSV = Google StreetView so we can see where the infraction took place. Also if you have shots of the signs etc, that would be helpful too.

There's more than one way to skin a cat and find arguments against...
lovecurrypies
By giving details of GSV I will be disclosing your the contravention took place.

Some people advise against doing that.

Is to say a wrong code has been used a valid argument to appeal.
stamfordman
No one here will advise you not to post what we ask for....

Have look at most of the other threads and you'll see.
cp8759
QUOTE (lovecurrypies @ Mon, 19 Mar 2018 - 10:09) *

I question the sanity of such people. The council know where the contravention took place, as do you. If there location is wrong on the PCN, it's too late for the council to rectify it now. It's hard to see what could be gained, and what you could possibly lose, by making such information available.
stamfordman
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Tue, 20 Mar 2018 - 11:05) *

I question the sanity of such people. The council know where the contravention took place, as do you. If there location is wrong on the PCN, it's too late for the council to rectify it now. It's hard to see what could be gained, and what you could possibly lose, by making such information available.

I made the point earlier that you can be prosecuted for falsely using a permit. But the chances of the council seeing anything here amid the hundreds of PCNs it deals with is very remote.
cp8759
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 20 Mar 2018 - 11:09) *
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Tue, 20 Mar 2018 - 11:05) *

I made the point earlier that you can be prosecuted for falsely using a permit. But the chances of the council seeing anything here amid the hundreds of PCNs it deals with is very remote.

Well you have the additional problem that everything on here is hearsay, not insurmountable but they'll probably take the view that the PCN is punishment enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.