Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Charge certificate
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ElliesDad
Hello all and thanks for the add.
You were recommended from a FB page.

Simple question really

I've received a charge certificate.
I remember coming back to my car and the guy was getting his machine out.
He told me to wait while he finished printing, said he could arrest me if I didn't.
Anyway I drove off before he was finished.
Does the ticket have to be put onto the windscreen?
Thanks

DancingDad
QUOTE (ElliesDad @ Thu, 8 Mar 2018 - 14:59) *
Hello all and thanks for the add.
You were recommended from a FB page.

Simple question really

I've received a charge certificate.
I remember coming back to my car and the guy was getting his machine out.
He told me to wait while he finished printing, said he could arrest me if I didn't.
Anyway I drove off before he was finished.
Does the ticket have to be put onto the windscreen?
Thanks

No
But there should have been notices in the post before the CC.

Is the address on CC correct ?
Is this the address on the V5c registration document?
Is this a council CC ?

Can we see a copy please
PASTMYBEST
Ticket for what? Is it a Penalty charge notice issued by a council or a fixed penalty notice

That you say CC suggests council. That he said he could arrest you suggests police.

post the document we need to know to give advice
nextdoor
Between the issuing of the PCN and the Charge Certificate, you should have received either a PCN served by post or a Notice to Owner. If you didn't wait for the Order for Recovery and make a Witness statement that you didn't receive the NtO.
ElliesDad
I've tried three times to upload a photo
Choose file, select photo, press upload.....nothing happens?
Jo Carn
I sympathise re the photo - I always have problems and usually end up curled in a dark corner weeping silently!

Whilst you are waiting for the Order for Recovery go onto their website and have a good read. Some authorities put on the website how the PCN was served and it might even be on the charge certificate.

If it says "attached to vehicle" then, in the majority of occasions, one would expect an image to prove it. Although an image is not necessary, I believe it would assist in your version of events and explain why you didn't get a PCN in the post.

John U.K.
Try this:

Do not attach docs/photos, but use this method:

Photo or scan. see http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858&st=0
for how to do it. I use Tinypic for stage 2 with no problems. Thera are other sites, such as Flickr (where the BBcodes are concealed behind the curly arrow (click on it) for sharing), which enable you to paste the BBCodes into your post here.
STAGE 1 takes care of resizing. If you use Tinypic for Stage 2, on the left each image in Tinypic is a list of links. Highlight and copy the entire link 'for forums' from the list for each image - beginning with IMG and ending /IMG (include all the square brackets [ ] ), and paste each link into your post. Each copied and pasted link will embed a thumbnail link in your post.

Using the attachment method is not advised as it means quickly running out of attachment space.

Redact/obscure name, address, PCN number and reg.mark.
LEAVE IN all dates/times; precise location, Contravention code and description.
cp8759
QUOTE (ElliesDad @ Thu, 8 Mar 2018 - 14:59) *

If he looked like a "guy" rather than a police officer, let's assume it was not a warranted constable. Stating that he could arrest you if you didn't wait is clearly a procedural impropriety which warrants the cancellation of the Penalty Charge Notice.
Neil B
QUOTE (ElliesDad @ Thu, 8 Mar 2018 - 15:10) *
I've tried three times to upload a photo
Choose file, select photo, press upload.....nothing happens?

So, following John's guide, where is it now going wrong? -and we will help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.