Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN for entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
lostwithouthelp
Hi,
I'd love some help if possible.
I got this PCN on 25/1/18 re 19/1/18 and wrote with representations which have been rejected, so now trying to decide whether to appeal or pay.
My grounds are that it didn't take place. TBH I can't remember exactly, but I am pretty careful and it's really unlikely I stopped - if I misjudged I would normally just edge forwards so as not to actually stop, but the point here is that I don't think they have any actual evidence that I stopped. I have tried to view the video and get an error message, so my guess is that there isn't a video, and of the 4 photos I can see on the council website, only one shows my car "in" the box, so I wonder how that is proof that I stopped?
Any advice?
Thanks all.
makara
Post up both sides of Ticket, editing out personal details

- same for Rejection notice.
stamfordman
This would be Brent? Did you ask to see the video in your appeal? The video is the only way to know for sure.
lostwithouthelp
Thank you maker - photos uploaded I hope.

stamfordman - I tried to view the video as they suggested on viewmypcn, but it gave me an error message, which I took a screenshot of and sent with my representations. I don't think I specifically asked to see the video, but I did say I hadn't been able to view it. As I said, I suspect there isn't a video, or it would have come up on viewmypcn, no? That's partly why I think I can appeal, because 1 still photo of my car touching the box doesn't prove anything.
stamfordman
use a site such as Flickr or Imgur for pics.

PM me the PCN number and car reg and I'll check for the video.
lostwithouthelp
hopefully phots have worked this time
lostwithouthelp
photos seem to be attached but not visible on message

photo of rejection
PASTMYBEST
If you want us to help you, you need to help us do it. We need to see.

All pages of the PCN

your representations

All pages of the notice of rejection

Any photos and/or the video.

there is a good chance the PCN is faulty but who knows. There is a chance that they did not consider your representation but again, who knows. there is a chance the NoR is faulty. And when we see the video it might be we can find an argument that no contravention occurs.

over to you
stamfordman
I've checked and no video on Brent site or Viewmypcn.

Pics show a possible stop half in end of box at 15:55:19 and then a close up of number plate at 15:56:21 and another shot at 15:56:27 both of the last two look just beyond the box. But that's a minute to account for.
lostwithouthelp
Thanks pastbybest - I know - I've been struggling with the photos. Think I've got them to a manageable size now.

thanks stamfordman. so whose job is it to account for that minute?
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (lostwithouthelp @ Tue, 27 Feb 2018 - 22:21) *
Thanks pastbybest - I know - I've been struggling with the photos. Think I've got them to a manageable size now.

thanks stamfordman. so whose job is it to account for that minute?

Use an external site like flicker or take Stamfordnan up on his kind offer
stamfordman
I can post the Brent pics if you don't mind showing the number plate - it's not a concern.

The only way you'll know if this is worth going on with is to get the video - in may be posted to Viewmypcn as they say it will be got (but can't rely on this). If you really feel there his ground there then I would get in touch with Brent by email or phone if they allow it.

you are posting PDFs - the pic sites use JPGs or other pic formats.
lostwithouthelp
literally just got an email from viewmypcn telling me the cctv evidence is available - not sure if you managed to get that to happen, or coincidence. Anyway, unfortunately I'm an idiot and I did stop exactly where that photo shows for that 1 minute. Bummer. So I guess that's it for me this time. Thanks for all your help - I really appreciate it. And sorry for making it difficult - my first time here. And if it was something you did that nudged viewmypcn to send the cctv video, thank you for that too.

stamfordman I tried posting jpgs first but they didn't work, that's why I went with the pdfs
stamfordman
OK - i'll have a look too and let you know if it's a goner.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 27 Feb 2018 - 22:32) *
OK - i'll have a look too and let you know if it's a goner.

please let us see the pcn, Brent's have been faulty in the past in a way that could win this for you
lostwithouthelp
pastmybest the pdf files are the pcn docs, and here's the first one which didn't seem to come up on a message

if the docs work better that way I can post the other pages like that too
PASTMYBEST
Have they re offered the discount?

The last paragraph on the PCN is wrong. They cannot legally serve a Charge certificate until 28 days beginning with the date of service Some two working days later
stamfordman
I've checked the video and as you say it's bang to rights - a long stop with your front wheels barely over the end of the box.
lostwithouthelp
thanks stamfordman - that's what I thought when I saw it.

pastmybest - as I understand it I can pay £65 until tomorrow. I haven't appealed, and if I do then there is a chance that if declined they will offer the £65 option again, but that's just rumour based on what they've said to others at this stage - the paperwork all says that after tomorrow, whatever I do, it goes up to £130, and then there's the bit that I think you're referring to where it can go up by another £65 if I haven't paid it after 28 days.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (lostwithouthelp @ Tue, 27 Feb 2018 - 23:14) *
thanks stamfordman - that's what I thought when I saw it.

pastmybest - as I understand it I can pay £65 until tomorrow. I haven't appealed, and if I do then there is a chance that if declined they will offer the £65 option again, but that's just rumour based on what they've said to others at this stage - the paperwork all says that after tomorrow, whatever I do, it goes up to £130, and then there's the bit that I think you're referring to where it can go up by another £65 if I haven't paid it after 28 days.

the error has won in the past but no guarantees. If you lose then providing you meet deadlines the most you would pay is 130 your choice.
lostwithouthelp
thank you both/all for your incredible help - the support you're offering really is remarkable.

Goodnight!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.