Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving Traffic Contravention
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Onceuponatime
So let my little brother use my car about a month ago and he decided to ignore a sign prohibiting a right turn. Knowing my brother there was no good reason for doing the right turn, he probably saw the signs and just ignored them.

Date of contravention is 03/01/2018 and date of notice is 24/01/2018. Are the council not supposed to request the details from DVLA within 14 days and then issue a PCN?

He turned right onto Regina Road from Tollington Park N5 Islington. I’ve looked at google maps and whilst I can see the signs are clear, the images are over a year old and there is now a yellow box junction here. Does the presence of a yellow box junction here make a difference?

I’ve asked for CCTV footage and at first they said that it wasn’t mandatory to provide it as the still pics in the PCN were enough but they sent it to me today. So the CCTV doesn’t actually show the contravention in that due to the camera angle you can’t see the signs same with the still pictures.

In their Rejection letter they said that it wasn’t necessary for the CCTV to show the signs or even provide the CCTV and they sent me separate pictures of the signs in place. Shouldn’t the CCTV show the contravention happening including the signs?

I can’t post the video as Islington have made it clear when they sent it to me that I would be liable for prosecution if I share or distribute. Also don’t want to post any of the documents as I work for the borough and my cousin works for parking, something he has to let them know when he was originally tasked with responding to my representations.

Can anyone offer any advice?
cp8759
First things first, post a copy of both sides of the PCN.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.