Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECP double dip
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Slapdash
I received an ECP NTK dated 1/02 for an event on 10/01. This was the first communication.

It has an observation time of 9.15 ish and an Issue time of 17.45 ish.

The driver went to the local sainsbury and picked up a few things leaving 15 minutes later. They returned around 17.30 and got a couple of bits and left. This is part of their regular routine.

I have explained this to the store who are going to review cctv and get back to me.

I hope of course to rwceive confirmation of cancelling and then assume i can register a simple appeal of "pricipal required cancellation".

If this does not happen I assume that I will need to craft and submit a "full" appeal. Plenty to go on from other threads of course.

The driver does not have any receipts etc and will probably struggle to prove presence elsewhere.

Whilst I can request anpr logs can i demand the cctv to review? I realise i can ask, but do i have any absolute right to it?

At the moment since i still have over 3 weeks i am trying to avoid spending too much time on it.

Scrap that.

That was quick. They habe just rung me back and said "yes, we have seen the car going out so will tell them to cancel".

I will of course check on ECP website in a couple of days that they have in fact done so.
Jlc
QUOTE (Slapdash @ Mon, 5 Feb 2018 - 14:55) *
I have explained this to the store who are going to review cctv and get back to me.

Scrap that.

That was quick.

I'm surprised they had to question your integrity but fair play!

If they don't play ball then it's an easy win with no keeper liability...
Slapdash
I was mildly irritated. But I can see their point and "let me check" did not seem unreasonable. The site in question is in bath centre. They do I think have a genuine problem.

I got the impression that if I could have shown a receipt it would have been instant.

I was a little worried that in order to have a sensible conversation with the manager I had to out the driver. But I will fire off an email to have a polite winge about the inconvenience.

I accep I am arguably a little cheeky since 3 times a week I drop off a couple of young people to walk to college and generally (maybe 2/3) pop in to get a sarnie a lunch. Then do the same on those evenings. Maybe 1/3 picking up a pizza or some filled pasta or similar.

Note to self: dont post ntk if there is a problem with the cancellation.
cabbyman
EDIT post #3 to avoid revealing tye driver's identity! Throwaway comments can wreck a winning case!
Slapdash
It appears that it has been successfully cancelled.

Ecp don't seem to have a "view my ticket".

However if I put the number in on the pay page I get another page saying "ticket already paid / closed ". I have a screen shot. That page though doesn't have the ticket number on it.

What would the view be to send a simple email to as for confirmation like:

"I received NTK number xxxxx which was issued in error. The principal required this to be cancelled. Please confirm it is now cancelled".

It should I just leave it be?
bearclaw
The devil me would want to make as much work for them as possible - I'd don't think it unreasonable to confirm there is a letter detailing the PCN number, date time and that it wont be pursued just in case they reactivate it years later.... and when they form letter comes back insist it's not good enough it needs to be signed by an officer of the company etc etc....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.