Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus Lane PCN - Mobile Camera - No Photo
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Pib
This morning I moved into a bus lane earlier than I should have (This is on long straight approach to a roundabout with lane 2 gridlocked and lane 1 to turn left empty).

As I entered I noted two reflective jackets ahead who were setting up a mobile Camera (0734hrs so still dark)
One operator was facing me with what looked like a remote in hand, the other in attendance was on the ground with his back to me fiddling with the box the camera is connected to (presumably a power source / hard drive / processor)

As I passed, I noted the operator with the remote shout to the other - could have been my VRN and Vehicle Type.

So my question is, if the camera was not yet set up ready to detect & record, could the witness testimony of the two operators be sufficient grounds to issue a PCN?

If the PCN appears with a photo I have no issues with holding my hand up and paying the fine but would appreciate some guidance should they choose to pursue without photographic evidence.

Neil B
Sounds more like a theodolite to me.
stamfordman
Think you're what we doctors call one of the 'worried well' - although I'll grant that these days it's hard to drive around without fear of falling foul of something every mile or so.

DancingDad
If they want to serve a PCN for Bus Lane, unless the CEO can somehow jump out and slap one on your screen, has to be from approved camera.

What you saw may have been CEOs but they prefer to sit in a warm camera van.
Or police, DVLA, surveyors, community watch on speed patrol, film crew...........
Pib
Cheers guys, I'm almost certain it was a Bus Lane camera - albeit a mobile one on a tripod.
It had 2 round lenses and looked a bit like Wall-E's head.

Never seen one like this before in this area (North Scotland), only ever seen mobile ones attached to an extendable pole fixed to a van.

The two guys weren't Police but could well have been CEO's, dark or navy all weather jackets with silver reflective stripes.

Will just have to wait it out the next week or so and hope the device wasn't booted up ready to detect!
Neil B
I swear we are being trolled repeatedly laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.