Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dart Charge - Baliff Enforcement stage
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Ami87
I have had a text from our tenant this evening to say she has an envelope with "hand delivered" and "urgent" on, arrived today. We moved out of the property over a year ago in Dec 16.
We last picked up any of our post from them at the end of October and until she contacted me today I wasn't aware she had received anymore post.

The car in question is a leased car, we changed our address details with them back when we moved however as we get paperless bills from them I cant validate this.

So tonight I received the following some have no visable date and none have dated postmarks on the envelopes.

TE9- Witness statement - unpaid penalty charge
TE3- Order for recovery of unpaid penalty charge (Pay by 28/09/17) £107.50 plus court registration fee £8.00 TOTAL £115.50
27/10/17 - Equita Notice of enforcement £115.50 plus £75 Compliance fee TOTAL £190.50
06/11/17 - Equita generic chasing later TOTAL £190.50
27/11/17 - Equita letter states "A Warrant of control has been issued against you and we are authorised under the Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013 to enforce this order" [i]
[/i]
02/01/17- Equita similar to above, debt unpaid please pay £190.50 or we will seize your goods.
23/01/18 -Equita Enforcement notice, a ripped piece of paper, doesn't look very official, bits to fill in by hand partially completed £235 enforcement fee added TOTAL £425.50

I am guessing there would be letters prior to the TE9/TE3 we don't have these, seems unlikely they tenant would have disguarded them when all other post is passed on. I am absolutely staggered and quite frankly annoyed that the situation has gone this far without out knowledge. £425 for failing to pay £2.50. My partner remembers this, he was preoccupied with work and couldn't recall paying it a few days later, he checked and had no confirmation. You have a small window to pay it and it was outside of that, he looked online and it said on a number of sites they don't bother with first time offenders. The fine is £70 I think, reduced to £35 if paid online which of course we would have.

Its such a mess and any help before I attempt to sort it out would be greatly appreciated.

The Rookie
This needs to be in the decriminalised forum, I’ve asked a mod to move it for you.
Ami87
Thank you, first time posting so wasn't sure.
Incandescent
Leased car, but who's name and address on the V5 ? In cases like this it is invariably the failure to update the V5 that is the cause of all the trouble. That and failure to set up mail redirection for a few months after the house move, so please tell us about this aspect. Note that changing driver licence address does not update the V5
Ami87
The VC5 will be in the leasing companies name as we have the car on a 4 year contract only. We changed our details with the lease provider when we moved initially.

From what I understand Dart Charge will have contacted DVLA, given lease firms name who will then pass on our details however they have passed on the old address.

We didn't redirect our mail, for the reason that we were good friends with a neighbour and the tenant passed on our post via them, mostly junk mail as we had changed everything important over. Not that it is relevant but the tenant split with her partner around that time and he was the one who delivered our post to the neighbour initially. Its frustrating to say the least.

Also I'm not sure if the TE9 is the first letter issued in the process or not, the offence date was 6 months prior to this in March if that has any bearing on it. I don't know if there are any timescales in which they are to notify you given that we are not registered keeper or owner of the vehicle.
Neil B
QUOTE (Ami87 @ Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 22:20) *
The car in question is a leased car, we changed our address details with them back when we moved however as we get paperless bills from them I cant validate this.

Do the bills/account show your address?

QUOTE (Ami87 @ Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 23:42) *
Also I'm not sure if the TE9 is the first letter issued in the process or not,

Two missing, plus the original PCN to lease co.
Neil B
We can help but need answers and details.

Don't go disappearing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.