Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brent Suspended Bay PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
BrentParker
Hi all, I'm really hoping you can help me.

My mum got what I believe is an unfair parking ticket:
Click to view attachment

So she got back early this morning (around 5/6am) after being up all night due to a delayed flight. She parked up in an available spot outside our house (green spot in the image) with the only free space on the road being the blue box, got in the house and went to bed.
Click to view attachment

She had no knowledge of the signs and she didn't pass the signs at the end of the road (in yellow), and there wasn't anything on the pole outside the car or opposite the road (in green).
Click to view attachment

At night, you can barely even notice the signs at the end of the road.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I feel as though they should have posted the signs up better and so that way she would have known not to park the car there.
CPZ parking restrictions come into effect at 08:30am, ticket issued at 08:33am with little to no monitoring period.
The closest restriction sign says it's for houses 79-85, the car was outside 85 (87 for the blue spot go figure), and dated from 15/01/18 to 17/01/18 (no timings).

Do we have grounds to an appeal?

p.s. I hope I have carried this out correctly! Please let me know if I've missed something or done something wrong.

Kind regards,
Brent Parker.
cp8759
Are there any signs that actually say the parking is suspended? There's a sign in one of your pictures but it's out of focus and unreadable. The road works sign does not create a parking restriction.

In principle, I think you have a valid appeal.
PASTMYBEST
we need to see a photo of the sign clear enough to read the details on it and another showing its location
BrentParker
Hi, thanks for the quick responses.
So here is the sign at the end of the stretch where the car was parked (redacted is just street name - correctly named):
Click to view attachment

And here are the signs at the end of the street (sorry for the blurry quality, phone is struggling in the dark):
Click to view attachment

So in my original post, the image where I highlighted yellow, those are the three signs you can see in the image above.

Thanks again for the quick responses!
PASTMYBEST
If there was no yellow sign on the post next to your car you have a case that the signage was inadequate.
BrentParker
Just to hopefully help with the idea of it, here is a picture with the three signs highlighted. The car was parked roughly where the silver van is (which is the last parking slot in the long bay).
Click to view attachment
cp8759
QUOTE (BrentParker @ Wed, 17 Jan 2018 - 22:39) *
Just to hopefully help with the idea of it, here is a picture with the three signs highlighted. The car was parked roughly where the silver van is (which is the last parking slot in the long bay).
Click to view attachment

If those were the only signs, you have an arguable appeal that the signs were inadequate.
PASTMYBEST
What does the blacked out sign next to the van say?
BrentParker
Those are definitely the only signs.
There are three posts from those coming down the street towards where the car was parked (1x disabled and 2x CPZ restrictions), and none of those had a yellow sign on them.

I'll place an appeal with the onus being on the inadequate signs.

Is there a template I should follow with the appeal?

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Wed, 17 Jan 2018 - 22:50) *
What does the blacked out sign next to the van say?

I assume you're referring to the sign between the yellow camper and the silver van. That's just a For Sale sign on the house.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.