Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TFL CLAMPED AND TOWED THIS MORNING. ADVICE PLEASE
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
denden
Hi,

My friend has had his car clamped and towed this morning by Marstons.

It is for an outstanding PCN from TFL when he was parked outside his home. My friend has never received a PCN and according to TFL there is no photographic evidence?

Can TFL clamp and tow his car like this?

Is there anyway my friend can get his car back without having to pay extortinate amounts of money seeing as TFL cannot prove the car was ticketed?

This ticket has been disputed twice in writing, then he heard nothing for 6 months then this morning it was clamped and because he couldn't pay they towed the car away.

Thanks in advance for any help.

denden
Was wondering if anyone has any ideas on this please?
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (denden @ Wed, 17 Jan 2018 - 15:27) *
Was wondering if anyone has any ideas on this please?

we need documents and a time line of events
denden
Ok, thank you I will get my friend to register.
DastardlyDick
To "dispute" a PCN, your friend obviously knew about it so at the very least he's had a s. 10 (drive away/CCTV) PCN through the post.

To get to clamping/removal he's missed a heck of a lot of paperwork - did he move between PCN and tow away?

He might also like to get onto Bailiff Advice Line www.bailiffadviceline.co.uk and seek their advice.
Neil B
QUOTE (DastardlyDick @ Wed, 17 Jan 2018 - 17:08) *
To "dispute" a PCN, your friend obviously knew about it so at the very least he's had a s. 10 (drive away/CCTV) PCN through the post.

He may have written at any time, not necessarily in process or in response to a PCN.
lashes1984
QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 17 Jan 2018 - 18:34) *

At what point did he mention anything about having previously disputed anything?

OP’s starting post last paragraph it’s states that the ticket has been disputed twice in writing.
Neil B
QUOTE (lashes1984 @ Wed, 17 Jan 2018 - 17:53) *
QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 17 Jan 2018 - 18:34) *

At what point did he mention anything about having previously disputed anything?

OP’s starting post last paragraph it’s states that the ticket has been disputed twice in writing.

Ah, my mistake again!

I'll edit to save confusion.
And apologies to Dick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.