Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN: Dropped kerbway - Parking Contravention Code: 27
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
aloof
"Civil enforcement officer, who had reason to believe that the following contravention had occurred and that a penalty charge is now payable: Contravention: (Code: 27) Parked in a special enforcement area adjacent to a footway, cycle track or verge lowered to meet the level of the carriageway."

I hope to make this an easy one with lots of information, pictures, etc. I received a fine earlier this evening for being parked in a place where I have parked at least a dozen times before and never received a fine: James Street, Salford, Manchester.

Should I appeal and ask the council for some evidence, to begin with?

If and when this is supplied, I would like to point out that there is without a doubt enough room for someone with a wheelchair or cycle bike to get onto the kerb.
Also, there is no signage stating that it is a SEA.
Furthermore, my car was observed for a mere two minutes.

Does anyone have any advice on this situation please! Many thanks.

The fine:

Photos of my car:

The road on Google Maps:

Incandescent
On the face of it you are bang-to-rights, and only legitimate expectation would seem to offer any grounds for an appeal. You say you have parked there a lot, but was it always over the dropped kerb ? Saying you were only over part of the dropped section will not win an appeal. I reckon you're best paying the discount, these dropped kerbs are there for a purpose.
DancingDad
Take the discount.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.