Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pcn contravention 12 but no machine to pay
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Michael McLaughlin
hello. i parked today in a space that was marked by signs at regular intervals that told me to pay at machine. each sign had an arrow to show the direction of the nearest machine. However there were no machines on that side of the road at all for the whole stretch of the street. Later i found one machine a good distance down the road on the other side of the road. Then i spotted stickers wrapped around the posts in an amateurish way telling people to phone to pay. I had looked for a machine and not found one and looking at the state of the signs i had assumed that cherged parking in that street was defunct.
Do i have a chance?????
stamfordman
Post all you have - PCN, your pics, council pics (when available online) and the Google Street View location.

Use a pic site to host the pictures.
StuartBu
QUOTE (Michael McLaughlin @ Wed, 27 Dec 2017 - 15:29) *
hello. i parked today in a space that was marked by signs at regular intervals that told me to pay at machine. each sign had an arrow to show the direction of the nearest machine. However there were no machines on that side of the road at all for the whole stretch of the street.

Later i found one machine a good distance down the road on the other side of the road. Then i spotted stickers wrapped around the posts in an amateurish way telling people to phone to pay.

I had looked for a machine and not found one and looking at the state of the signs i had assumed that cherged parking in that street was defunct.
Do i have a chance?????

Did you find the machine while you were still searching for one or was this after you had moved from the parking place . Was it working? As for 'phoning... these notices assume everyone has a 'phone with them ..... Was the PCN placed on your car while you were looking for a machine or when ?

Can you post a scan or pic of the PCN ( all sides with the usual details masked off or edited out)

Michael McLaughlin
no i found it later driving up and down.....it had the time showing on it but i dont know for sure that it was working. no it was put on the car at the end of my stay there. i have tried to post a pic of the pcn and one of the area....did you see it?
stamfordman
Use a pic site such as Flickr to host the pictures.
hcandersen
I parked.

There was a sign indicating Pay and Display and showing the direction of the machine to be used which is required to be
situated within the parking place unless the contrary appears on the sign.

There was no such machine within the parking place and no indication within the traffic sign that a machine was located in an alternative location (back to basics, info be included within a sign marked with a P and within the borders marked in black which establish the limits of the sign). Consequently, I did not pay and display.

All we need is the evidence in support!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.