Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN - Park Solve Manchester Hospital
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
razzar03
Hi,

I got a parking Ticket at the Manchester Hospital because I didn't have any change to pay for parking only had my card. Alos was running late for my little one's appointment.
I emailed the Hospital and there just said I should appeal to the parking company.

I have attached the PCN, please can you advice what I should do next?

Thanks
RR
Jlc
Parksolve is CEL - if you have noticed there are many many court threads from them with outrageous demands.

Generally they do not bother with Protection of Freedoms Act for keeper liability contrary to what the PCN says. Personally, I think saying the PCN was issued under Schedule 4 PoFA is deliberately misleading - arguably the next stage is where keeper liability kicks in when they send the Notice To Keeper. The relevant part of the Act is about holding the keeper, presumed to be the registered keeper, liable for the driver's unpaid parking charge where they cannot or do not name the driver.

There are 2 choices right now - either wait for the NtK and see if they actually comply with the necessary conditions or appeal as the keeper before they access the DVLA.

They have to wait 28 days from the incident to access the DVLA and have to deliver within 56 to comply.

I think the preference here is to appeal around day 22/23 as the keeper and their greed will stop them accessing the DVLA as it costs £2.50. (Under the Act they HAVE to obtain the keeper details from the DVLA)

Alternatively, £35 isn't an outrageous amount if you aren't up for the fight (they are beatable one way or another).

QUOTE (razzar03 @ Fri, 10 Nov 2017 - 12:47) *
I emailed the Hospital and there just said I should appeal to the parking company.

That is almost certainly guaranteed to fail. They aren't in the business of accepting appeals.
razzar03
Thanks Mickey, I will have a think and see what I should do, it just annoying I couldn't pay on card at the car park. sad.gif
ostell
See if you can find the Patient Advice And Liaison Service (PALS) for the hospital and go through them. It often works

And at the same time appeal as the keeper, as detailed by JLC

Whose name is on the parking signs? Parksolve or CEL or both? Basically who was the contract with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.