Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Contravention 27 appeal help
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
bigdogKT
Hi there

I received the following PCN in Southampton. I've attached photos of the parking spot I was ticketed in, which has no signage or road markings anywhere. I was parked marginally over the dimpled crossing point, but there is a whole dropped kerb running for metres. Can anyone help me appeal this? It's a space that people park in all day every day without penalty, as there is an extreme dearth of street parking elsewhere. Thanks!
PASTMYBEST
We need to see all of the PCn redact only reg and PCN number also the photos taken by the CEO these are likely online and a gsv showing the area parked
stamfordman
Oops - this is a pedestrian crossing. It will depend on the council's pics as to whether you were in contravention.

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.9168102,-1....3312!8i6656

bigdogKT
Yes i was parked across this area, (PCN photo attached) but I had no idea this was an enforceable zone? Is there not a regulation about signage?

stamfordman
Photo is a poor angle but you look bang to rights. You're not the first to think dropped kerb pedestrian crossings are unenforceable without markings/signs but they are.

I would pay the discount.
Incandescent
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Wed, 8 Nov 2017 - 17:03) *
Photo is a poor angle but you look bang to rights. You're not the first to think dropped kerb pedestrian crossings are unenforceable without markings/signs but they are.

I would pay the discount.

+1

You are totally and absolutely bang-to-rights on this one. Dropped kerbs are all over the place in the UK, and need no signs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.