Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UKPPO
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Joe R
Just when I thought I can get on with my life, I received a text from my daughter....

The parking company is UKPPO and from what I read, they're not great on taking people to court atm.

My daughters car is registered with her employer and has a parking permit, which allows her to park in any of their shared car parks. There are 5 car parks, 4 of which have the floor painted with designated bays and floor signs indicating which bay belongs to which company.

However, the overflow car park where my daughters car was ticketed, is 100% gravel with no bay markings. There are some stickers on the wall (where there is a wall) designating the company. There's lot of space for other cars to park and they form an orderly line, in line with the other vehicles. My point is, there's no actual bays/spaces in this car park. I will try and get a photo of the car park.

Does no bay markings have an impact on the pcn?

How can she park in a designated space if there are no actual spaces?

Where to start?

Thanks in advance and sorry to be back so soon!
Eljayjay
Do the car parks belong to her employer either as the freeholder or under a lease?
Joe R
I've no idea. How could I find out?

In her employers parking T&Cs, there's a list of breaches which include:
Not displaying a valid permit
Parking in a non Xxxxxx bay
Parking in an unauthorised area

Would those be an indication as to whether they own/lease the land? or is that lending a helping hand to the parking company?

If they own the land and employ the parking company, then approaching them to cancel the ticket is a shot in the foot?

Apparently, her employer isn't interested in the PCN (others are also in a similar position)
unicorn47
Despite joining the IPC in2015, they are still only displaying BPA logo on their sign.
ostell
That PCN seems to be saying that if you park in the overflow car park then that's not allowed. Hello, what is the purpose of an overflow?

So this is a forbidding sign. Parking is not offered to those that do not meet the conditions. It is perverse to claim that a parking contract was formed when it was explicitly forbidden. No contact then there can be no breach of the conditions.
Eljayjay
You can find out who owns the land from the Land Registry's website - make sure you visit the gov.uk, not some other scammer's version. It will cost you £3.

It is useful information to have because, for someone to enter into a "relevant contract" with the driver for the purpose of Schedule 4 to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, that someone must be either "the owner or occupier of the land, or authorised, under or by virtue of arrangements made by the owner or occupier of the land..." - see Schedule 4 for the definition of a "relevant contract".

The wording on the sign "Managed & Patrolled by Chatham Maritime Trust" (as opposed to "Owned & Patrolled by Chatham Maritime Trust") does perhaps suggest that the PPC's principal is not the owner or occupier of the land.
Joe R
QUOTE (unicorn47 @ Wed, 18 Oct 2017 - 15:15) *
Despite joining the IPC in2015, they are still only displaying BPA logo on their sign.

I've emailed BPA asking for details about UKPPO membership. Is there anything to gain by reporting them to BPA?

Does the signage showing the wrong parking association have much clout?

QUOTE (Eljayjay @ Wed, 18 Oct 2017 - 17:15) *
You can find out who owns the land from the Land Registry's website - make sure you visit the gov.uk, not some other scammer's version. It will cost you £3.

It is useful information to have because, for someone to enter into a "relevant contract" with the driver for the purpose of Schedule 4 to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, that someone must be either "the owner or occupier of the land, or authorised, under or by virtue of arrangements made by the owner or occupier of the land..." - see Schedule 4 for the definition of a "relevant contract".

The wording on the sign "Managed & Patrolled by Chatham Maritime Trust" (as opposed to "Owned & Patrolled by Chatham Maritime Trust") does perhaps suggest that the PPC's principal is not the owner or occupier of the land.

The land on google maps appears to be wasteland and tbh, I'm struggling to find out the exact name of the location so I can continue with my enquiries. I have in the meantime, emailed Chatham Maritime Trust asking if they're the owners of the land.
nosferatu1001
Not hugely. Just to be clear - does it show the ROUND BPA logo, or the rectangular one?
You can be a member of the rectangular BPa (non ATA) and the round IPC (as ATA) perfectly fine.
Joe R
Where have my photos gone?

The sign is showing both the round and rectangular versions of the BPA logos, with no mention of IPC
nosferatu1001
Complaint to BPA may mean something

You could play games, and state that as they claim the sings form a contract, by showqing BPA ATA membership they are contractually agreeing to provide POPLA as the ADR , so please, send me my POPLA code now.
ostell
QUOTE (Joe R @ Tue, 24 Oct 2017 - 11:20) *

You are being blackmailed by PhotoBucket to give them are not inconsiderable sum of money to allow your photos to be displayed on other sites.
Joe R
QUOTE (ostell @ Tue, 24 Oct 2017 - 13:22) *
QUOTE (Joe R @ Tue, 24 Oct 2017 - 11:20) *

You are being blackmailed by PhotoBucket to give them are not inconsiderable sum of money to allow your photos to be displayed on other sites.

Thanks for the heads up, I've used another website. However, I can't for the life of me rotate one of the photo's, so apologies...
Joe R
I've had a replies to my emails.

Chatham Maritime Trust
Good Morning.

Reference you request for information below, I can confirm that the Northern Bull nose basin 1 side is owned and maintained by Chatham Maritime Trust (CMT) and the car park basin one side is owned by a company called Bose as over flow car park for the office located at Quayside but car parking charge managed by CMT with the small section before the Caisson owned by CMT. Hope helps clarify ownership and responsibility's.

Regards Dean.....

and

BPA
Good morning. Thank you for your email.

We have no record of ‘UK Parking Patrol Office Ltd’. We do have an existing member, UK Parking Patrol Limited, who became members of the BPA in 2006.
I trust this is of use.

Would this be the same company?
nosferatu1001
Are they the same company number? If not, they are different companies.
Joe R
QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Wed, 25 Oct 2017 - 14:33) *
Are they the same company number? If not, they are different companies.

Thank you.

UK PARKING PATROL LIMITED
07994326 - Dissolved on 29 October 2013
Dorchester House, Station Road, Letchworth, England, SG6 3AW

UK PARKING PATROL OFFICE LIMITED
07105527 - Incorporated on 15 December 2009
7 Christie Way, Christie Fields, Manchester, M21 7QY

How can a dissolved company be an existing member of BPA?

But more to the point UKPPO are not members of BPA. Time to ask for a POPLA code me thinks. Should I send an appeal with my request or be short and blunt?
ManxRed
I would also respond to the BPA and point out that they are two different companies, and that the non-dissolved UKPPO Ltd is claiming to be a BPA member when clearly they are not. Send them the photo of the sign. At least it'll be a headache for UKPPO when the BPA ask them to replace the signs.
nosferatu1001
A dissolved ocmpany cant, and suggests that the BPA are failing in their duties as an ATA
Joe R
My simple appeal to the pcn

Dear Sir

Ref: xxxxxxx

I am challenging this parking notice. It states that the vehicle was not parked an allocated xxxxx space. My vehicle has a valid permit. A copy is enclosed.

As you claim the signs form a contract, by showing BPA ATA membership you are contractually agreeing to provide POPLA as the Alternative Dispute Resolution, so please, send me my POPLA code.

Thank you
nosferatu1001
..if you rejec tthis appeal.
Joe R
I sent an online appeal today and got this in reply. Because I did the appeal, I was neither the driver or RK.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your communication regarding the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Please be advised that the time in which to submit a challenge has now expired and access to the Independent Appeals Service is no longer available.

However, in order to resolve the matter, I will offer the following comments as to why this PCN was correctly issued and is still payable:

The site in question is subject to terms and conditions, which are stated on signs throughout the area. Those signs clearly state: “All Vehicles Must Park Within Their Correct Allocated Bay Only”.

On 11/10/2017 the vehicle was observed parked outside of a xxxxx space.

Kind regards

Now to sit and wait for the NTK?
nosferatu1001
Well th3 NtK won’t allow an appeal either.
Joe R
My simple appeal within the 14 days was a certain cancellation. But now its got more complicated.

Where do I go from here?

This evening I took photographs with a date stamp on the pics, just in case they change the signage.
nosferatu1001
Theyre IPC, so apart from paying, not a lot you can do.
Joe R
QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Mon, 6 Nov 2017 - 17:08) *
Theyre IPC, so apart from paying, not a lot you can do.

Even though its a forbidding sign?

That's it? end of?
nosferatu1001
WEll, no

I said there is not a lot YOU can do, apart from pay, to close this off

Its merely an invoice. If you dispute it, the only place that can finally conclude this is a court. You dont get to decide if they head to court, and they have 6 years to do this in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.