Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PLEASE HELP! 38l-Failing to comply with a sign indicating that vehicular traffic must pass to the specified side of the sign
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ell_blu
Hi guys!

I am a newbie to this forum, so please bear with me if I am posting in the wrong area. I could REALLY do with some help.

I have been living in my new house in Brixton for just under 1 year, and completely forgot to reregister my new address with the DVLA (I know absolute rookie error and completely my fault!!)
Yesterday I was made aware that I have been captured committing a '38l-Failing to comply with a sign indicating that vehicular traffic must pass to the specified side of the sign' multiple times, which have now been passed on to a debt collection agency. I actually had no clue that this was such a bad offence and it was being captured on camera, the road in question is right outside of my house, and multiple motorcyclists do the same as me every day. The PCNs that I am aware of are from Feb / April, so I dread to think how many more I have that are still sat with the council.

I am desperate to find out how many PCNs I have acquired, but Lambeth council will not speak on the phone or in person about PCNs, so I have to write to them, which means waiting up to 28 days for a response, in which time a lot of my PCNs could run up further cost by being passed on to the debt collection agency (escalating from £60 to £275).

I would really appreciate anyone's guidance on this, as I have not received any letters notifying me of the PCNs (or potential points?!) so was completely unaware of all of these charges. Has anyone been in the same position as me?

Thanks in advance
peterguk
If these are council PCNs, press "report" and ask a mod to move to correct forum.

Not sure why you didn't think it was a bad offence. There would be carnage if everyone ignored keep left signs!
superSmiffy
QUOTE (peterguk @ Fri, 13 Oct 2017 - 11:42) *
If these are council PCNs, press "report" and ask a mod to move to correct forum.

Not sure why you didn't think it was a bad offence. There would be carnage if everyone ignored keep left signs!

Indeed. Imaging motorcyclists doing the same coming in the other direction.
peterguk
QUOTE (ell_blu @ Fri, 13 Oct 2017 - 11:40) *
I have not received any letters notifying me of the PCNs

Get your V5C in front of you. Is the name and address 100% correct? The address on the V5C is the address the PCN will be sent to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.