Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bailiffs chasing me in my old address for a PCN that was sent to an even older address and i never received anything
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
fochatzi
Hello to all kind and helpful people in this forum.

On August 30th I moved out of my flat. Yesterday, one of my flatmates sent me a text and said a “Warrant of Control” notice was left for me at the house, it says i need to pay to Marston £513 for TFL ticket i have apparently not paid for.

I asked them to search for other letters, there was two more notices dated 11th of September and 20th of September, both arrived after i moved out and nobody told me.

I looked up on TFL site and found the contravention, i stopped at 10pm in the night on a double red line with my scooter for 2 mins but yeah the camera caught me and i didn’t even know i was stopped somewhere i shouldn’t be at.
The contravention took place on 30th September 2016, a year ago!!

Now, the STATUS of the PCN on TFL site is “on hold” , I’ve taken a screenshot of the TFL page where u can see all the steps here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Ty1mnUsZ...iew?usp=sharing

I’m quite confused as to what i need to do because it seems like TFL has put this on hold according to their system but the bailiffs are after me.

They never sent anything to me to the address under which my bike and driving license have been registered since early this year.

When i moved out from the address where i was at the time of the contravention, it took me 3 months to update the details cos i was in between houses and out of country so i didn’t have a permanent address of my own and i was parking the bike in a 24 hour monitored parking where it could be safe and i wouldst have issues with insurance.

Furthermore, I’ve been in touch with the new tenants in that old house and even after i left they told me about a PCN that had arrived and i went to take it and paid it. I have evidence of that payment which was during the time the other contravention happened but i never received anything neither the tenants there did.

Can you please advice what is best to do as i really don’t want to deal with them, from comments i’ve read it seems like all such companies are terrible.

Is there a chance this will expire in January when the original warrant was issued or that TFL is not even on my case anymore but the bailiffs keep looking for me even though they KNOW i changed my address and i never received anything?

Thanks everyone for your help in advance!
peterguk
QUOTE (fochatzi @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 13:50) *
even though they KNOW i changed my address and i never received anything?

How do they know? Contravention was September 2016. And you updated your V5C at least 3 months later.
fochatzi
Correct, I updated my VC5 a few months later and they never sent anything to that address, which is the one that DVLA has.

They MUST know i changed address otherwise they would be chasing me to the old old address in Dalston where i used to live when the contravention took place.

They must have found my next address from the electoral lists, i can't think of any other source but i read they always find a way to track you. But the fact they didnt even bother to check with DVLA again should be on my favour hopefully.

Any suggestions?
stamfordman
Bailiffs will usually find you. Councils/TFL can only go by what DVLA gave them at the time of the PCN.
John U.K.
QUOTE (fochatzi @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 14:21) *
Correct, I updated my VC5 a few months later and they never sent anything to that address, which is the one that DVLA has.

They MUST know i changed address otherwise they would be chasing me to the old old address in Dalston where i used to live when the contravention took place.

They must have found my next address from the electoral lists, i can't think of any other source but i read they always find a way to track you. But the fact they didnt even bother to check with DVLA again should be on my favour hopefully.

Any suggestions?

'They, they, they' You know perfectly what you mean by 'they'. We do not ... Council, bailiffs, DVLA, other tenants or any combination.

It would help if
1) if you could say exactly who you meant by each 'they', and
2) you produced a simple timeline with date and address (Address1, Address2, Address3) of each letter/move. What are the letters of September. from whom and what year - please post up here redacted as usual.

-------------
re addresses. Council allowed one application to DVLA for your address, and will continue to use it unril you notify them of a new one. Hence the law demands you update V5 promptly.
When, eventually, the Council pass on case to bailiffs, these are much more assiduous at chasing down your later or current address.
Neil B
There is action you can take but only if you follow what John suggested.
QUOTE (John U.K. @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 14:46) *
It would help if
1) if you could say exactly who you meant by each 'they', and
2) you produced a simple timeline with date and address (Address1, Address2, Address3) of each letter/move. What are the letters of September. from whom and what year - please post up here redacted as usual.

Time is short.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.