Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN 52M City of London, how or can should I make a presentation
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
thecar
I received a PCN 24/08/2017 at the Bank intersection: 52M Failing to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicle (motor vehicle).
I have now been sent a Charge certificate as (my fault and no one else's) I have been working away from home and forgot to take the PCN with me :-( and of course the 50% discounted £65 charge (that should be £130) is now £195, received this Friday.
The PCN arrived with a map of the Experimental Traffic Changes - Bank Junction Allowed Vehicle Movements.

https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/services/tr...p-Version-2.pdf
https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/services/tr...-On-Safety.aspx

One of the confusing things (apart from the road layout and signs, if anyone has been there) is the First PCN that has the charge has a paragraph at the bottom saying, Failure to pay the penalty charge in full before the end of the 28 Day Period may lead to the charge being increased by 50% to £195 and a Charge Certificate being served seeking payment of the increased charge. But of course an increase of 50% is £130, if its the discounted rate or £260 if its the full amount.

Also on the Charge Certificate received there is a paragraph saying "Full payment was not paid by the speciied date and the penalty charge has been increased by 50%. If I fail to pay the full outstanding amount before the end of the period 14 days beginning with the date this certificate is served then action will be taken by the local authority to charge as a debt at the county court. etc.

Am I to late to do anything here as I messed up by not contesting this earlier? And I'm guessing if I have to do something it has to be done ASAP.

Any help much appreciated, Thanks David

PCN and Charge certificate in links below
https://ibb.co/dwWwab

https://ibb.co/j8phFb

stamfordman
Your links don't work.

Yes, you've messed up as you can't appeal a charge certificate.

The full penalty is £130. They increase this by 50% to £195 to an non-appealable charge certificate if you don't pay. Then if you don't pay that they make an order for recovery, which only has a few strict conditions to counter.

There are a lot of ongoing appeals about the new Bank scheme but you really had to make one in time.

See what others say and post the docs using a site such as Flickr.
PASTMYBEST
You have no legal recourse to the appeal system now.

You could try an e mail to the council, tell them you are sorry working away didn't get opportunity to make reps see what they say. (only another 8 quid at risk) they might say tough, or tthey might cancel the CC reducing the PCN back to 130.
thecar
Thanks for the replies, I will try emailing and phoning tomorrow and see what happens.

The links below should now work.

https://ibb.co/album/mQhtdv
thecar
Have spoken to the City of London parking this morning and they have said I can appeal it's not to late but have to send in an email with appeal and also explain about my working away.
Is there any advice someone could give about wording etc for appeal, I got the idea from the guy on the phone that were quite a few appeals going through already regarding this issue.

Thanks
PASTMYBEST
I worry that they have not cancelled the CC but as to your representations, (an appeal is to adjudication) keep it simple the signage is inadequate you did not see it so could not be aware of the restriction

If you put all the technical stuff in there is a danger that they just disregard. If they reject at least you have the option to appeal and can legitimately complete an OfR to have the CC revoked through the statutory process
thecar
ok, thanks, I will keep it simple and see what happens.
thecar
I have just had an interesting conversation with the parking department and been told a letter confirming a letter of cancellation of the PCN is being sent out and should be sent out today.
I will wait until I have the letter but what a result.
should I put a copy of what I sent for others to see? icon_bounce.gif
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (thecar @ Thu, 23 Nov 2017 - 16:13) *
I have just had an interesting conversation with the parking department and been told a letter confirming a letter of cancellation of the PCN is being sent out and should be sent out today.
I will wait until I have the letter but what a result.
should I put a copy of what I sent for others to see? icon_bounce.gif

yes please and the letter it might be important
bribri
+1 yes, let's see that letter.
thecar
Still waiting for the letter:-(
Jo Carn
It appears they are in meltdown. Our company had 25 PCNs of which 18 were cancelled for no apparent reason. The only ones the have continued with are Mansion House Street -- approaches from Poultry or Queen Victoria Street.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.