Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help on a ticket received in a loading bay - C23.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Axiom1
Good morning,

I did a bad thing on Saturday morning by parking in a loading bay, I am not disputing this as I did park in one outside the shop I was collecting an order from.

I didn't think to check the sign at the end of the loading bay - stupid I know! I was in the shop for three minutes and as I came out a warden was walking towards my car typing into his machine, he hadn't even reached my car. I unlocked my car and was getting in with the goods as he stood by my door and printed out the ticket. At this stage it then dawned on me that he was giving me a ticket! After a short conversation about leniency and the fact it was obvious he had started the ticket a good 50 meters away from my car and saw me getting back in it before the ticket had been printed, I accepted defeat and drove off.

I did wrong, however I don't think the warden was playing nicely. Is there anything I can here or do I just pay up and mark it down to paying more attention in the future?

Below is the street view with the bay and the shop in question in view. I have the shop receipt from - Byfords which shows 70 seconds for the ticket.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5872239,0...33;8i6656?dcr=0

Thanks Axiom.
Incandescent
Sign says "Goods vehicle loading only", so you're bang to rights unless your vehicle is adapted for goods transportation. I suspect the discount is the best option for you.
DancingDad
Mixed signals on the signage.
Assuming current situation mirrors GSV.
On one hand there is a loading bay and clear signage.
On the other, there are DYLs running through it with no "No Loading" blips.

So which sign is a motorist expected to comply with?
The loading bay which is restricted to goods vehicles only or the DYL that allows loading by any vehicle.

Actually, what are they trying to enforce, copy of PCN and any council photos please.

They seem to be trying to enforce with contradictory signs.
If the item you had ordered and collected was large, heavy or bulky enough to warrant loading exemption, I would take it all the way.
Otherwise, risking an unsympathetic adjudicator who will possibly discount argument on signs.
Note I say adjudicator, council will reject stating the loading bay is clear.

A plea for discretion based on you knew the DYLs allowed loading and that is what you were doing, here is the receipt for the pre-ordered item gets the ball rolling as long as within discount period, risks nothing.

But post the PCN and photos first please
Axiom1
Hi,

Thanks for the responses. Please find attached the photo of the ticket. I don't have any photos of the car, the warden was taking them as I drove off as he hadn't done it as he'd only just got the ticket done to present to me. He took a photo of the sign as I was queuing in traffic after I had moved away.

Thanks again.

Axiom.
Axiom1
Morning,

Any further thoughts on this before I pay the fine today?

Thanks,

Axiom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.