Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guinness estate fines
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ashcar
Hi my mate done a post for me.

I think he wasnt getting much help cos he wasnt the driver. I'm no good with computers but he showed me how to upload stuff and make an account.

I only got 1 ticket on the windshield but then got 2 of these notice to owners for the same thing 9 minutes apart. 2 different pcn numbers, 2 different sets of photo evidence.

What do I do? Really need the help.

Its not letting me post too many pictures at the same time. I'll wait for someone else to post then I'll post the rest
PASTMYBEST
You only have until sunday. For the first you need to ask that they use their discretion (only parked partly within the bay. For the second it is a continuous contravention. (this applies if the car had not been moved)
ashcar

Thank you pastmybest. I saw in the other post that you said something about estate parking so I put that in the search forum box and it has a post saying that estate parking is off street and isnt covered by on street signs. Does that not work for this one?
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (ashcar @ Thu, 14 Sep 2017 - 22:22) *

Thank you pastmybest. I saw in the other post that you said something about estate parking so I put that in the search forum box and it has a post saying that estate parking is off street and isnt covered by on street signs. Does that not work for this one?

I haven't got time to research, on of our other members Stanfordman found that hackney have re-designated their estates as on street, another view is that this cannot be done in the manner they did it but as I say no time. If they reject them maybe something can be done for appeal, it costs no more providing you do not miss deadlines. Get representations against both in by sunday
stamfordman
Looks like one has been issued in error so must be cancelled. Personally I would pay the one with the served PCN and appeal the other NTO as faulty as it was within minutes of the other one. Why have you let things go and lost the discount?

I can't see an appeal working on the contravention - why did you park there?

Hackney has changed its estates to have on street traffic orders. HCAnderson reckons they can't do this as a an estate is not a road. If he can come up wording then I would try an appeal on the 'official' one as you have nothing to lose.
Mad Mick V
I would contest the first PCN on vague locus and the second on continuous contravention.

Where on earth did these contraventions take place?

GSV is not showing anything for the Guinness Estate and it is not shown on either of the following sites:-

https://www.hackney.gov.uk/estate-services

https://www.hackneytraffweb.co.uk/main.html

Mick
ashcar
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Fri, 15 Sep 2017 - 00:05) *
Looks like one has been issued in error so must be cancelled. Personally I would pay the one with the served PCN and appeal the other NTO as faulty as it was within minutes of the other one. Why have you let things go and lost the discount?

I can't see an appeal working on the contravention - why did you park there?

Hackney has changed its estates to have on street traffic orders. HCAnderson reckons they can't do this as a an estate is not a road. If he can come up wording then I would try an appeal on the 'official' one as you have nothing to lose.

I lost the discount cos I completely forgot about it.
I parked there to go to an event. Was looking for parking everywhere and just gave up and stuck it there.
Hopefully HCAnderson can come and help. I'll appeal it now and if it gets rejected hopefully HCAnderson will see this and can help.

QUOTE (Mad Mick V @ Fri, 15 Sep 2017 - 07:41) *
Where on earth did these contraventions take place?

GSV is not showing anything for the Guinness Estate and it is not shown on either of the following sites:-

I know. Guess its cos its an estate that it doesnt show on gsv. I think its on or near guinness close
ashcar
Im gonna put this for the first one

"I rushed and parked here without properly checking and when I came back I realised that I was parked partly within the bay. The location on the notice to owner is vague. Where exactly is the guinness estate? Where abouts in the guinness estate did this happen?"

I didnt get a PCN on the windshield for the first PCN but the evidence shows I did. The evidence for the second PCN only shows one ticket on the windshield so does that prove that I didnt get the first PCN on the windshield and does that mean they should give me a chance to pay the discount?

Second PCN appeal

"This is a continuous contravention. The car got a PCN for the same thing 9 minutes before but the car had not been moved"
ashcar
This is what I put for the first PCN's appeal.

"I rushed and parked here without properly checking and when I came back I realised that I was parked partly within the bay. I wont do it again but this time I'd really appreciate it if you use your discretion to cancel this PCN. If you can't then I need more information. The location on the notice to owner is vague. Where exactly is the guinness estate? Where abouts in the guinness estate did this happen? When was this estate changed to have on-street traffic orders? Can you send me the on-street traffic order for this estate? An estate is not a road so are on-street traffic orders allowed in places that are not roads? A second PCN (PCN No. xxxxxxxxxx) for the same thing in the same place 9 minutes later shows in the evidence that there was only 1 ticket on the windshield. I came back to the car after the second PCN and the second PCN proves that the first PCN wasnt there when I got back to the car so I wasnt given a chance to pay the reduced amount. Can I at least be given the chance to pay the reduced amount?"

I'll let you all know what happens.
hcandersen
Sorry I'm late into this, on hols with intermittent wi-fi.

The OP says the reps have gone in, so there's nothing to do but wait.

OP, I don't know how these were submitted and whether the heading makes clear that they're in respect of both PCNs - I know you say this in the narrative, but IMO you should make reps separately under both PCNs - use the same narrative suitably tweaked.

For me the issue is whether these roads have been adopted by the local authority which would then put them within the scope of the council as traffic authority as regards making orders. In general 'estate roads' are private, and Guinness Trust (as was) estates were private:
http://www.guinnesspartnership.com

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.