Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Enfield Council Car Park PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
elvas
Howdy

Just wondering if theres a chance I could get the missus off a pcn. We parked in a car park in n13 on a free 45 mins bay. We returned 10 mins late and as we entered the car park a mobile parking dude was leaving. I knew that we were fudged then and went to the car and found the PCN. It says "parked after expiry of paid time" but notice they only observed a 1 min grace period (10:50 to 10:51). The ticket expired at 10:40 but I thought the observation must be a minimum of 3 mins. Is this correct?
stamfordman
QUOTE (elvas @ Thu, 7 Sep 2017 - 21:40) *
Just wondering if theres a chance I could get the missus off a pcn. We parked in a car park in n13 on a free 45 mins bay. We returned 10 mins late and as we entered the car park a mobile parking dude was leaving. I knew that we were fudged then and went to the car and found the PCN. It says "parked after expiry of paid time" but notice they only observed a 1 min grace period (10:50 to 10:51). The ticket expired at 10:40 but I thought the observation must be a minimum of 3 mins. Is this correct?

The grace period is not the same as the observation time. There is 10 mins grace after the end of paid time - what is the time on the PCN? I suspect 10:51 in which the CEO was correct to issue if mean as he was probably waiting for the 11 min to tick up.

Post the PCN in any case.
elvas
Click to view attachment

Hi I've added the pcn now. Thanks for helping.

Missus's first pcn sad.gif
elvas
Hi again is there anyone with an idea on how to get out of this yet? There's only 5 days left to challenge. Cheers
stamfordman
To be absolutely sure we need to see the pay and display ticket but if it says 10.40 expiry then the PCN looks to have been correctly served and paying the discount the best bet.

But you could put in a challenge asking for discretion as it's on the cusp of the 10 mins and you had come back to the car park at that time and saw the CEO leaving.
Incandescent
You admit you were late back to your car so overran the maximum 45 minutes allowed. The CEO legally issued a PCN after the 10 minute grace period. The PCN seems to be correctly issued and contains all the mandatory content. Sowhat idea do you think we can possibly come up with ? We are not miracle workers, I'm afraid.
hcandersen
OP, the full facts please.

Parked
Obtained a free ticket which was displayed and expired at *** or didn't need to obtain ticket, which is it?
Contravention refers to 'paid for time'. IMO, this is incorrect, it should be did not pay the parking charge which became due on expiry of the free period.
But we haven't seen the Ts and Cs of the car park!

elvas
Hi sorry guys it seems it isn't clear so ,

We parked in a free 45 minutes bay. We had a ticket placed behind the windscreen. Expiry was at 10.40. we returned at 10.52 and the pcn was on the windscreen. I forgot to photo the ticket and I'm out of London atm until next weekend. So if it's 'expiry after paid for time' would this technicality get me off? I can't find the terms and conditions online.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.